Reconstruction, the Second World
Lens: sigma 70-200mm 2.8 Camera: k5 
Posted By: ivki_com, 11-22-2014, 12:51 PM

the rest here
Views: 1,235
11-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very nice series, in particular you have been very good to catch the right moment in the one with the weapon "shooting".
Where did this reconstruction happened?
11-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Reconstruction of the battle in 1944. "Rogachev Zhlobinskaya-operation." 02.22.2014 year.

---------- Post added 11-23-14 at 12:06 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
Very nice series, in particular you have been very good to catch the right moment in the one with the weapon "shooting".
Where did this reconstruction happened?
Reconstruction of the battle in 1944. "Rogachev Zhlobinskaya-operation." 02.22.2014 year.
Location: Russia, Moscow region, Noginsk district, village of Ivanovo).

Participants: 500 people, military vehicles: T-34 tank, self-propelled gun SU 100, "Katyusha", three guns ZIS and 45-ka, lorry GAZ AA, anti-aircraft guns GAZ-MM, Willys, GAZ-67, BTR «Scout» BTR "HalfTruck", BTR "Hanomag" gun PAK -38, anti-aircraft gun with coaxial machine gun MG, car Mersedes, tracked vehicles Renault and kettenkraftrad sd.kfz. 2
11-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad to see more! Really great series

11-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ivki_com Quote

---------- Post added 11-23-14 at 12:06 AM ----------

Location: Russia, Moscow region, Noginsk district, village of Ivanovo).

Participants: 500 people, military vehicles: T-34 tank, self-propelled gun SU 100, "Katyusha", three guns ZIS and 45-ka, lorry GAZ AA, anti-aircraft guns GAZ-MM, Willys, GAZ-67, BTR «Scout» BTR "HalfTruck", BTR "Hanomag" gun PAK -38, anti-aircraft gun with coaxial machine gun MG, car Mersedes, tracked vehicles Renault and kettenkraftrad sd.kfz. 2
Wow!! This is absolutely amazing!!

I love history, much more last century. I think that here in Italy the reconstructions they do are just limited to Middle Ages, but they are very nice too!
Thank you for sharing these pictures!
11-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Glad to see more! Really great series
Thank You!

---------- Post added 11-23-14 at 01:55 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
Wow!! This is absolutely amazing!!

I love history, much more last century. I think that here in Italy the reconstructions they do are just limited to Middle Ages, but they are very nice too!
Thank you for sharing these pictures!
Glad that you liked
11-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great series, I really like #4.

11-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Great series, I really like #4.
Thank You!
11-22-2014, 04:18 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Wow! Very realistic.
11-22-2014, 05:43 PM - 1 Like   #10
jac
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For older observers, it must bring back feelings of horror. A good lesson for those who romanticize The Great Patriotic War.
11-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #11

Perspective is a wonderful thing! It's interesting how the quick overview of the war in the USA is one of saving Europe or eliminating evil and how this same war is labeled The Great Patriotic War. Being invaded by a ruthless army is so much different from sending an army across an ocean to invade your enemy.

Are there many women participants in the reconstruction? Do I see one in the first photo?

How did you approach photographing this-in some instances, soldiers are wearing white whilst in the snow but there are also dark objects such as the armoured vehicles? What other obstacles and considerations are there when shooting reconstructions?

In the USA, reconstructions are called reenactments. Usually one this large would be of The Civil War 1861-1865 I think.
11-23-2014, 03:44 AM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimS_256 Quote
Wow! Very realistic.
Thank You!

---------- Post added 11-23-14 at 01:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
For older observers, it must bring back feelings of horror. A good lesson for those who romanticize The Great Patriotic War.
Agreed. But it is possible with the right pitch, it's the same feeling you can try to pass and younger ...

---------- Post added 11-23-14 at 02:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TimesShadow Quote
Perspective is a wonderful thing! It's interesting how the quick overview of the war in the USA is one of saving Europe or eliminating evil and how this same war is labeled The Great Patriotic War. Being invaded by a ruthless army is so much different from sending an army across an ocean to invade your enemy.

Are there many women participants in the reconstruction? Do I see one in the first photo?

How did you approach photographing this-in some instances, soldiers are wearing white whilst in the snow but there are also dark objects such as the armoured vehicles? What other obstacles and considerations are there when shooting reconstructions?

In the USA, reconstructions are called reenactments. Usually one this large would be of The Civil War 1861-1865 I think.
Thanks for the nice comment
Yes, a retrospective - really good.
Women, as well as real time on the front, not much - usually nurses, communications, sniper ...
Link to more photos from this action are listed below.
Politics speak not particularly like, but the war is really called Great Otechetsvennaya, because the multinational Soviet Union attacked by the enemy.
And this enemy of the Fatherland all expelled and destroyed.
Exalted US his services in the war recently - I think posturing. This is my personal opinion.
Reconstruction - it's not shooting the film?
Enthusiasts own funds are going to play a particular situation. So sometimes, um ..., attributes may differ slightly from the former in reality.

more photo

Last edited by ivki_com; 11-23-2014 at 04:09 AM.