Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Trebbia Valley, Apennines. From Brugnello
Lens: 18-135 DA Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Trebbia River 
Posted By: Alqua, 11-24-2014, 08:46 AM

A nice place in the Trebbia Valley, North Apennines, Piacenza, Emilia-Romagna, Italy. The place from where is taken the photo is Brugnello.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 887
11-24-2014, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice lines and colors!
Hehe, that place is just at the edge of the famed Pianura padana, which is world-famous because of its fog...

Once a guy proposed - on tv, nonetheless! - a solution for the issue of fog in the Po valley... except that it was so terribly naive that it was comical...
He basically suggested to level the Passo del Turchino, a 600m-high pass, in order to allow air to circulate...

the journalist (the late Enzo Tortora) asked:
"What do you mean by leveling the Passo del Turchino"
and he candidly replied:
"Lowering it to sea level"
11-24-2014, 09:37 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks pretty cool, good contrast between the dull weather and the vibrant river below
And wow, LensBeginner, interesting clip!
11-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
It looks pretty cool, good contrast between the dull weather and the vibrant river below
And wow, LensBeginner, interesting clip!
It's a bit of tv history... poor Enzo Tortora was arrested and underwent trial when he was accused by some informers of having ties with the mafia. All accusation turned out to be false in the end...
When he came back to television, he started his show to a standing ovation and a true deluge of applause with the memorable words: "Dunque... dove eravamo rimasti..." ("Now... where were we?")

To get back on topic, the fog continues to be an issue in the Po valley...

11-25-2014, 12:34 AM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
It's a bit of tv history... poor Enzo Tortora was arrested and underwent trial when he was accused by some informers of having ties with the mafia. All accusation turned out to be false in the end...
When he came back to television, he started his show to a standing ovation and a true deluge of applause with the memorable words: "Dunque... dove eravamo rimasti..." ("Now... where were we?")

To get back on topic, the fog continues to be an issue in the Po valley...
I remember that, I think I assisted on TV to that program.... a lot of people with strange ideas who tried to get some help to carry out them.
Usually this place has better weather conditions, as here:
https://www.google.it/search?q=brugnello+val+trebbia&newwindow=1&tbm=isch&tb...w=1384&bih=709
But I was there Sunday 23rd and the weather was so and so, And in my photo I tried not to reproduce too much similar photos (even if better ones).

Thank you to both for your interest!
11-25-2014, 02:44 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Yeah, I remeber going like 3-4 times to Cremona (which should not be that far from there, even if a little lower) and always finding dismal weather... then one day it was full sunshine after the rain, the air was crystal clear and if was beautiful! It was january or thereabouts, so very cold as well...
11-25-2014, 07:12 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Looks like a lovely place.
Thank you! Also by the location.

LensBeginner, the hills of the Northern Apennines usually have a different weather from the plain. Usually, Po Valley in the plain has very thick fog while the hills are in full sunshine and chiristal clear conditions, so the valley seems a great foggy sea with the Alps on the other side of the plain. In the morning or in the evening you can find beautiful conditions for taking photos.

11-25-2014, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fascinating shot. Greatness of nature...
11-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alqua Quote
Thank you! Also by the location.

LensBeginner, the hills of the Northern Apennines usually have a different weather from the plain. Usually, Po Valley in the plain has very thick fog while the hills are in full sunshine and chiristal clear conditions, so the valley seems a great foggy sea with the Alps on the other side of the plain. In the morning or in the evening you can find beautiful conditions for taking photos.
I have no idea where precisely you took the picture... Wikipedia says the Trebbia valley ranges from 800 (source) to 61 (mouth) meter a.s.l., so I imagine there must be quite different climates there... Bobbio for instance is at the margins of the plain and is less than 300m a.s.l.
The Appennines can also be the divider between sunny and stormy weather, as everyone who as traveled from Tuscany to Emilia-Romagna and back again by train (or car) can tell...
11-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #10

Original Poster
The place is between Bobbio and Marsaglia (or Corte Brugnatella), and the hills or mountains around vary from 400 to 1500 metres. You can see something about the fog on the Po Valley from the Apennines, for example, here: Panoramio - Photo of Arcello tra le nubi e il Monte Rosa
11-25-2014, 11:47 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

The place is between Bobbio and Marsaglia (or Corte Brugnatella), and the hills or mountains around vary from 400 to 1500 metres. You can see something about the fog on the Po Valley from the Apennines, for example, here: Panoramio - Photo of Arcello tra le nubi e il Monte Rosa
Thanks.
It is indeed way higher than I initially though...
11-25-2014, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

A nice place in the Trebbia Valley, North Apennines, Piacenza, Emilia-Romagna, Italy. The place from where is taken the photo is Brugnello.
This place is quite close from me but I've never been there, definitely a place to visit!
Nice shot!