Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Two photographs from Balboa Park (San Diego, CA)
Posted By: Nixarma, 01-31-2007, 04:59 PM

I spent a couple of hours of a gorgeous afternoon a few days ago walking around Balboa Park enjoying the lovely weather and also looking for subjects that are not utterly clichéd (Balboa Park can be a very repetitive motif for photography in San Diego.)

The first pic was shot in the studio of a ceramics artist. An abstraction of sections from two benches that he is designing for a
children's park in Coronado, CA. The strong bands of colors and the lighting in his studio made this an attractive subject.

The second pic comes close to negating my stated objective (viz. clichéd subjects) but I really liked the geometry of the stairwell from this perspective.

Comments and suggestions always welcome!

Nikhil

Last edited by Nixarma; 01-31-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Views: 3,056
02-07-2007, 12:20 AM   #16
Inactive Account

The mood and composition of the second b&w are just amazing. There's a certain feeling to it that I find hard to put into words. It just nails a certain moment in time, like I vaguely feel that I've been there before. Awesome stuff.

02-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Both very nice photos but I do love the first one

Heinrich
02-07-2007, 07:15 PM   #18

Original Poster
Andrew, LaRee, Mike and Heinrich: Thank you all very much for your kind words!