Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Photo Videos
Photo Location: Arizona 
Posted By: Bob Harris, 11-26-2014, 08:58 PM

Over the years on our travels we have sent many a photo to our family and friends and often don't get much of a response on the areas we have visited. One of our granddaughters ask us once, why do you always camp in rocks, you must get bored. I started putting our photos in video form and everyone just loves them and they have shown interest in the places we are visiting and want to know more about our travels. The video program is called FastFlick by Corel and is easy to use. Here is an example of photos taken while in Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon AZ. Click on youtube link if you would like to view in a larger format.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by Bob Harris; 11-26-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Views: 1,376
11-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very Cool Bob I love it. I have been into slide shows since the software only produced an *.exe file people really enjoy them for sure. Be careful though all of sudden you are doing milestone birthdays and celebrations and other not so celebratory occasions for friends and family ;-) I do it because like photography I have a passion for it - carry on Garth !
11-27-2014, 08:48 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Very Cool Bob I love it. I have been into slide shows since the software only produced an *.exe file people really enjoy them for sure. Be careful though all of sudden you are doing milestone birthdays and celebrations and other not so celebratory occasions for friends and family ;-) I do it because like photography I have a passion for it - carry on Garth !
that's funny that you mentioned doing for others Dave, one of our granddaughters said she would like to have a video like this when she gets married this summer. Sort of works out conveniently since she wants me to take the photos too.
11-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

You have the whole West as you backyard it seems....living in the spirit of the Native Americans.....stunning photos....

11-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Great photo of Sedona red rock. A magical place well captured.
11-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
You have the whole West as you backyard it seems....living in the spirit of the Native Americans.....stunning photos....
We spent the first 5 years on the road in the Eastern part of the US and now to spend more time with family we are spending most of our time in the Western part. All beautiful in this great country of ours, people just have to get out and enjoy it. Thanks for the kind words.
12-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Great photo of Sedona red rock. A magical place well captured.
that Sedona sandstone has a special red color to it Dick, it is truly "red rock" country as they say. We love the Oak Creek Canyon area also, I used to visit my grandparents who lived there way back in the day.

12-16-2014, 06:19 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some mighty fine looking "rocks" there brother Bob. Cool presentation.

Jer
12-17-2014, 02:12 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Some mighty fine looking "rocks" there brother Bob. Cool presentation.

Jer
thanks buddy, glad you enjoyed the video, just playing with stuff to draw some interest with our little guys and get them out exploring this beautiful country we live in.
12-17-2014, 08:28 AM   #10
Veteran Member

We do lots of videos too Bob but mostly to irritate the kids. They never come over for movie night anymore. Our youngest has been in Afghanistan for the last six years and he is the only one who really enjoys them. They get really bored over there. The Sedona area is really special. Thanks for sharing.
01-06-2015, 08:50 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
We do lots of videos too Bob but mostly to irritate the kids. They never come over for movie night anymore. Our youngest has been in Afghanistan for the last six years and he is the only one who really enjoys them. They get really bored over there. The Sedona area is really special. Thanks for sharing.
6 years in Afghanistan, I bet he enjoys the videos. In fact I bet he enjoys just about everything there is now that he's back home. Thanks Susan for viewing.
01-07-2015, 06:59 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I bet he enjoys just about everything there is now that he's back home.
Not home yet Bob. We have begun laying a guilt trip on him to convince him it is time. I think he wants to be the guy who turns off the lights.
01-07-2015, 04:37 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Not home yet Bob. We have begun laying a guilt trip on him to convince him it is time. I think he wants to be the guy who turns off the lights.
LOL, he'll have a lot to say about his stay there for sure, now that will be interesting to get an insiders view. Thanks Susan.
07-21-2018, 09:17 AM   #14
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Over the years on our travels we have sent many a photo to our family and friends and often don't get much of a response on the areas we have visited. One of our granddaughters ask us once, why do you always camp in rocks, you must get bored. I started putting our photos in video form and everyone just loves them and they have shown interest in the places we are visiting and want to know more about our travels. The video program is called FastFlick by Corel and is easy to use. Here is an example of photos taken while in Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon AZ. Click on youtube link if you would like to view in a larger format.

Sedona/Oak Creek AZ. - YouTube
would love to be here! nice shot!