Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

My new vivitar 105 f2.5 1:1 macro!
Posted By: libbe, 05-21-2008, 09:25 AM

I received my new viv 105 from Hwblanks here at the forum yesterday! A lovely seller, will buy from her again without any doubts! The lens was nicely packed in its original package, with containing lens holder.

I absolutely love this lens, it is truly AMAZING!
Anyway, i was told to post my first images with it when it arrived, so here they are!
All the images are loaded to the computer through a Adobe RAW conversion, some minor levels changing and a tiny tiny bit of USM.

Hope you enjoyed the images, and please do leave CC. They are all taken handheld, and it is EXTREMELY hard to get focus correct at macro level while crouching, trying to hold the cam steady, and set focus correctly at the same time lol ;/
Views: 2,740
05-23-2008, 05:04 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You are really going to enjoy that lens Libbe, congrats on your purchase. It sounds as if both parties in this deal are happy and that's always a good thing but even though at first glance it seems you may have paid a bit extra from my USA viewpoint, I think you got the better deal. I haven't had opportunities to shoot the other macro solutions but I can't imagine any of them with better build qualities than the Vivitar. It's a solid old skool lens that takes impeccable photos. It is a bit heavy but mine is always with me as is my tripod but I like shooting with a tripod.
Your first photos show off this lens and I must say the lady in the 5th picture is gorgeous.