Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I am happy with my new K-3
Lens: Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Camera: Pentax K-3 Photo Location: Finland ISO: 1000 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F5 
Posted By: Supakatti, 12-06-2014, 08:53 AM

A week ago I got my new K-3. After taking just couple of hundred photos, I am already very satisfied with it. Compared with K-5ii the raw photos have more room for post processing. Even pretty dark photos can be saved. Compared with K-5ii, K-3 can handle strong contrasts much better. But I am still learning. This is a sample shot taken today. It was really cloudy, snowing a bit. Low light.
I have convert the photo from .dng to .jpeg tuning curves, exposure and sharpness.
Views: 1,165
12-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good looking pupster. What is it?
12-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
Good looking pupster. What is it?
Thank you! She's a Tibetan terrier. In fact the breed is not a terrier at all. But they were and are used as universal herding, guardian and family dogs around the mountains of their home region. They are sometimes called as Tsang Apso or Dokhi Apso. I would't be the first one to humanize pets, but this girl has really become a part of our family. She is very intelligent one and I have known few dogs to compare it with.
12-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Gorgeous dog and portrait of her. Reminds me of our Coton de Tulear.

12-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Gorgeous dog and portrait of her. Reminds me of our Coton de Tulear.
Thank you! TT:s are around 35-40cm high with the square and strong body. I checked some pictures and Coton de Tulear looks really like a miniatyre TT with its coat. I think I have seen them in shows. Beautiful dogs they are too!