Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Look!!!......
Posted By: Bob Harris, 12-07-2014, 11:49 PM

my wife said loudly as we walked along the South rim of the Grand Canyon. "There is a person that keeps going to the edge and I think he is going to jump". It took me a bit to locate what she was speaking of viewing through the 43mm lens I had recently put on the camera. Finally I could see what she meant, he was going back and forth to the edge and then leaning down in a crouching position. I got this shot before a group of "tourists" passed in front of us and couldn't locate him afterwards. We reported the incident to a park employee who said they would look into it and that's the end of the story. It's nearly a mile down at this point, possibly he went down to a lower level that we couldn't see, I certainly hope so.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 2,720
03-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Konstanta Quote
I want to go there!
it should be on your list of places to visit, you won't be disappointed

03-22-2015, 11:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
it should be on your list of places to visit, you won't be disappointed
Unfortunately, Bob, that will never happen...
06-13-2015, 08:48 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Konstanta Quote
Unfortunately, Bob, that will never happen...
as they say, "never say never".
06-13-2015, 11:06 PM   #19
Pentaxian

I second that.

06-14-2015, 01:19 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The story aside Bob, that is a very good shot. A great day for it to, the colors are fantastic. That has been my one disappointment with the Grand Canyon, I have never struck the "perfect" day (speaking light now) , some have come close, but thats what keeps me eyeing off air fare deals.
It is a difficult place to photograph and do justice to, but a beautiful place, in fact my favourite place on this planet.
Cheers.
06-14-2015, 02:59 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxpixie Quote
I second that.
I hope everyone can visit the canyon at least once in their lifetime, certainly worth the visit and it is called Grand for a reason.

---------- Post added 06-14-15 at 02:03 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
The story aside Bob, that is a very good shot. A great day for it to, the colors are fantastic. That has been my one disappointment with the Grand Canyon, I have never struck the "perfect" day (speaking light now) , some have come close, but thats what keeps me eyeing off air fare deals.
It is a difficult place to photograph and do justice to, but a beautiful place, in fact my favourite place on this planet.
Cheers.
Grant, you're sure right about "trying" to photograph the canyon, it is so immense with ever changing light and weather conditions. On our travels we try to stop by every year just hoping everything is right, I try different lens combinations and settings but it all comes back to the light doesn't it.
07-27-2018, 01:58 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
my wife said loudly as we walked along the South rim of the Grand Canyon. "There is a person that keeps going to the edge and I think he is going to jump". It took me a bit to locate what she was speaking of viewing through the 43mm lens I had recently put on the camera. Finally I could see what she meant, he was going back and forth to the edge and then leaning down in a crouching position. I got this shot before a group of "tourists" passed in front of us and couldn't locate him afterwards. We reported the incident to a park employee who said they would look into it and that's the end of the story. It's nearly a mile down at this point, possibly he went down to a lower level that we couldn't see, I certainly hope so.
Beautiful and scary!