Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Haystack Rock at Canon Beach
Lens: Panasonic 20mm/1.7 Camera: Panasonic G3 Photo Location: Canon Beach, OR ISO: 160 Shutter Speed: 1/2500s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: voy-tech, 12-09-2014, 11:24 AM

Here is another capture from Canon Beach,OR from my recent blog post. The iconic Haystack Rock captured on a calm, sunny day viewed from behind some beachgrass. I've played with curves to adjust the contrast and added some vignetting in Aperture.

Views: 764
12-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice picture. I would've cropped that street light out on the left side and bent that long blade of grass down before taking the picture. Haven't been to the Oregon coast for a long time, need to go back.
12-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #3

Original Poster
I definitely agree on the cropping, I didn't notice it when I was first working on this picture, only saw it recently, also nice pointer on the grass - although I'd probably do a shot before and after just to check later which one works better.
12-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I remember that rock.

07-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by voy-tech Quote
Here is another capture from Canon Beach,OR from my recent blog post. The iconic Haystack Rock captured on a calm, sunny day viewed from behind some beachgrass. I've played with curves to adjust the contrast and added some vignetting in Aperture.
One of my favorite places!
07-11-2018, 05:02 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by voy-tech Quote
Nice spot