Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
AFL Grand Final
Lens: Sigma 18-200 Camera: Pentax k5 Photo Location: Melbourne Cricket Ground ISO: 500 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: peggers, 12-10-2014, 02:26 PM

This was taken at the AFL Grand final back in September between Sydney and Hawthorn. This is quite a big event over here and almost 100,000 people were in attendance. It shows one of the Hawthorn players, Cyril Rioli getting ready to jump in the air to take a spectacular catch (we call it a mark) As it turns out he didn't complete the catch, but what I like about the photo is the potential for greatness. A what if? type moment.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,063
12-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry dude, just can't get into it. Wish I could, but every time I put on a soccer game I get a good nap. But it is a good shot.
12-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks for that. Actually AFL stands for Australian Football League and this is different from soccer. AFL is a little like the NFL that you guys have in so far as you can handle the ball, carry it and kick it. What most people from overseas notice about our game is the weird signal made by the referees for a goal. Causes much mirth and merriment.