Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Yosemite River
Lens: smc PENTAX-DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL [IF] SDM Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Yosemite National Park ISO: 125 Shutter Speed: 1/13s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Pablom, 12-11-2014, 02:21 PM

This one is an oldie that I retouched just now. I think it came out ok. C&C is more than welcome please.
From the mist trail, March last year.


Yosemite River
by Pablo Margulies, on Flickr
Views: 595
12-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Rimfiredude's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,177
Wow, you can't get that shot from your car. Yosemite is amazing. Been there several times.
12-12-2014, 04:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member
old4570's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,524
Very nice ..
12-12-2014, 07:11 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Site Supporter
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 31,620
Part of the wonder of Yosemite is the texture pattern and detail in the mountains. You've got som of that, but it's seriously affected by the atmosphere. I'd probably lighten the background the apply the polarizing tool to it, and possibly a bit of contrast. The forground is nice and punchy, it's fine as it is, and you don't need to bring the background up to foreground levels, but it can be a little snappier than it is. Right now it looks a little washed out.

12-13-2014, 04:20 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
RobG's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canberra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,201
Nice shot. I wonder if adjusting the curves for the shadows a little lower would help bring out the detail?
12-13-2014, 06:20 AM   #6
Pentaxian
Pablom's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jerusalem
Posts: 1,940
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
Wow, you can't get that shot from your car. Yosemite is amazing. Been there several times.
QuoteOriginally posted by old4570 Quote
Very nice ..
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Part of the wonder of Yosemite is the texture pattern and detail in the mountains. You've got som of that, but it's seriously affected by the atmosphere. I'd probably lighten the background the apply the polarizing tool to it, and possibly a bit of contrast. The forground is nice and punchy, it's fine as it is, and you don't need to bring the background up to foreground levels, but it can be a little snappier than it is. Right now it looks a little washed out.
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Nice shot. I wonder if adjusting the curves for the shadows a little lower would help bring out the detail?
Thanks for the comments and suggestions, I will try to play with it some.
12-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,459
Never been, always wanted to go, and now want to go more than ever after seeing this photo. Thanks for showing it.
07-01-2018, 05:14 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
FozzFoster's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Alberta
Posts: 3,498
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
This one is an oldie that I retouched just now. I think it came out ok. C&C is more than welcome please.
From the mist trail, March last year.


Yosemite River
by Pablo Margulies, on Flickr
Great shot! Love these mountains! Great leading line

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, mist trail, photo, river, rivernational park, yosemite, yosemite valley
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Landscape Yosemite scotty707 Post Your Photos! 7 10-21-2014 08:00 PM
Landscape Yosemite Valley jezza323 Post Your Photos! 10 03-11-2014 01:58 PM
Landscape Yosemite GeoJerry Post Your Photos! 19 02-28-2014 11:18 PM
Nature Smoky Yosemite RonakG Post Your Photos! 18 09-09-2013 09:52 AM
Landscape Yosemite Winter ChatMechant Post Your Photos! 13 03-04-2013 03:25 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:12 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top