Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
After the Rain: Absorb
Posted By: tux08902, 05-23-2008, 03:07 PM

These were taken after the passing of a rain storm. They provided me with a great opportunity to fool around with the Dfx Tiffen digital filter pack. As always, all comments are appreciated. Enjoy!

Views: 1,181
05-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Any comments?
05-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

my thoughts...

For what they are worth...

#2 is a very nice image... beautiful gradients, etc. in the colors...

#1: the main subject (the leaf in the center) is unfortunately overexposed - it would've been a great shot, but the highlights are blown out. This is where a CPL would do wonders for you - it would remove the blown out reflections. Did you shoot in RAW? If so, you might be able to recover that somewhat. Let me know if you're willing to let me try it if you cannot - may not be right away that I can do it though since I am fairly busy today.

Again, #2 is wonderful - very, very compelling colors!!!! A sincere handshake for doing so well.

Regards,
Marc
05-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I did shoot in RAW. I think the blown out highlights are actually the result of post-processing, or exteme post-processing as the original image is not like that. I think I'm gong to change it a little bit.

Thanks for the enthusiasm on the second. That seems to be a favorit.