Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Wasp Dream...
Posted By: KalOO, 05-23-2008, 10:55 PM

Hello Pentaxian.

Maybe my first shot (there is few month ago...) whit my 100 macro SMC DFA.
Just for info, I hate wasp, realy...

Peut être ma première photo (il y a quelques mois...) avec mon 100 macro
Pour info, j'ai horreur des guêpes, vraiment.

KalOO

Views: 2,623
05-23-2008, 11:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

This looks like the shot that a K20 is itching to capture. The K20 has a feature that will fire when an object comes into focus. I read an article about a guy that attached a break beam sensor in front of his lens. He prefocussed his lens to the beam plane. Then he would walk up to flying insects, move his camera toward the insect. When the insect broke the beam the camera would snap the picture. He had hundreds of excellent captures (where normally the trial & error of trying it with out such a system would not yeild such a collection). He stated in his article that the device allow him to concentrate on composition.
I like your shot, if you captured it without a trigger system, or a K20, I would say you did a first rate job.
05-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Shot with K10D + DFA 100 Macro SMC f2.8

Tks.
KalOO
05-24-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
Syb
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shoT! Was the wasp flying here? Or sitting on a picture of a flower? Or what?

05-24-2008, 12:57 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The wasp was put on the flower. With the grand opening, the bokeh gives an impression of buoyancy, as in a dream without doubt.

La guêpe était posée sur la fleur. Avec la grande ouverture, le bokeh donne une impression de flottaison, comme dans un rêve sans doute.

KalOO
05-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #6
Veteran Member

C'est bonne ! (that's good) haha je parle un t'es peu mais can't spell in either language
05-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Very nice shot KalOO, great detail.

05-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #8
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
C'est bonne ! (that's good) haha je parle un t'es peu mais can't spell in either language
Franglish!!!

I was just going to say Kaloo, merci beaucoup for posting in both languages. Gives me a chance to brush up on my rusty French that hasn't been used in oh, 20 years or so.

Nice shot too by the way.
05-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Only French I know is French fries, French toast, and French bread with garlic butter.

That's a great capture in any language. My wife is tired of hearing me say how much I want that lens. Looks like she will be more tired now.
05-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #10
JMR
Veteran Member

Outstanding work. Also saw your site. Very nice work!

JMR
05-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #11
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
Only French I know is French fries, French toast, and French bread with garlic butter.

That's a great capture in any language. My wife is tired of hearing me say how much I want that lens. Looks like she will be more tired now.
You forgot French Kissing.
Nice shot KalOO
Gary
05-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
You forgot French Kissing.
Nice shot KalOO
Gary
DOH!!! Now my wife will really be mad.
05-25-2008, 12:04 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hooo, thank you for your comments and opinions. Do not trust my English, to translate my texts or your comments, Google is my friend. Thanks again for your "clins d'oeils" to France.
But after the French fries, bread (baguette as they say here) and also the "French Kiss" let us not forget the cheese (but before the French Kiss is not terrible) and wine off course (although nowadays There are a lot of very good wines around the world. I am fond of foreign wines)

[QUOTE = dws1117; 251435] ... My wife is tired of hearing me say how much I want that lens ...: D [/ QUOTE]

Hi Hi Hi,
I had this lens for a few months ago, I installed a kitchen for friends and at the end of the installation, my friend asked me "how much for the work" and I answered, "it's gift for you ". The next day we have been invited to dinner at home and they offered me this lens to thank me for the installation. A beautiful gift on their part and a super lens.

Tomorrow I have to work on a big yard (I am a carpenter) for 4 weeks at least, I would be less present, but I spend as soon as possible.

Thanks at least for your welcome in this forum and see you.

KalOO.

Hooo, merci pour vos commentaires et avis. Ne vous fiez pas à mon anglais, pour traduire mes textes ou bien vos commentaires, Google est mon ami. Merci encore pour vos clins d'oeils à la France.
Mais après les frites, le pain (la baguette comme on dit ici) et aussi le "French Kiss" n'oublions pas le fromage (mais avant le French Kiss, c'est pas terrible) et le vin bien entendu (bien que de nos jours, il y a pleins de très bons vins à travers le monde. je suis un inconditionnel des vins étrangers)

QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
...My wife is tired of hearing me say how much I want that lens...
Hi hi hi,
J'ai eu cet objectif car il y a quelques mois, j'ai installé une cuisine pour des amis et à la fin de l'installation, mon ami m'a demandé "combien pour le travail" et je lui ai répondu, "c'est cadeau pour toi".
Le lendemain nous avons étés invités à diner chez eux et ils m'ont offert cet objectif pour me remercier de l'installation. Un beau cadeau de leur part et un super optique.

Dès demain je dois travailler sur un gros chantier (je suis menuisier) pour 4 semaines au moins, je serais moins présent mais je passerais dès que possible.

Merci en tout cas pour votre accueil sur ce forum et à bientôt.

KalOO.
05-25-2008, 12:08 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a top shot So sharp and so clear for a mid air subject. Even better done since you hate wasps - Well done