Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Day One outting with the K20D
Posted By: SCGushue, 05-24-2008, 06:25 PM

I bought the K20D the other day when it kinda hit that 1K magical number. Too bad I didn't wait a day and get another magical 100 off to make it an even better deal.

I am pretty impressed right off the bat with the improvment in AWB, even the Live Mode as it is, is usefull for tripod work. In my opinion it is a quantum leap above the wonderful K10D.

Here are a few images from a walk through my favorite hiking area.

Most images with DA* 16-50
Stephen

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Views: 3,539
05-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful shots Stephen - I want this camera for October (trip to Vegas) but I also have a couple of other trips comming up (Vernon BC Canada, Atlanta , Chigago, San Fran) damn I did not realize I got a lot of trips comming up (couple pleasure rest all 'bidness ) I wanted to wait until the price fell - your pictures are NOT helping at all
05-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
Damn Brit

Nice shots Stephen I like the first and the last.
Gary
05-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonderful photos Stephen but I don't need the K20...don't need......The third one does it for me. Thanks for posting them,

05-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Stunning shots, they all work for me.
05-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Wow, Stephen. You have been busy and what a set of beautiful images. So peaceful filled with tranquility. No 2 and the last shot are my favorite.
Obviously, you like the camera!
05-25-2008, 12:53 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Superb Stephen. All of them - simply superb. May I ask your setting for these shots?

05-25-2008, 02:05 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Beautiful photos Stephen. You live in a nice area. With a bathroom renovation and a trip to Europe this year the I will not afford a K20 until it becomes a K30 or K40.

Cheers
Eddie
05-25-2008, 05:26 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

breathtaking shots mate.. extremely well captured. what a beautiful spot to take photos.. i wish i was there..
05-25-2008, 05:39 AM   #10
Veteran Member

These are wonderful. I love the last 2 most but really... they're so good it doesn't matter.
05-25-2008, 05:44 AM   #11

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First outing with my new K20D today.
Believe me - you do need the K20D!
See my images in POTW #12 post.
Huge jump up from the K100D.
05-25-2008, 05:57 AM   #12
Veteran Member

all could be hung on the wall. Nice work
05-25-2008, 07:20 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No 3 is gorgeous as well as no 1,2,4:-).
When I bought my K10D early last spring that lens was first on my list to use in a drift boat on fishing trips but I've been hesitant to buy because of the problems. Now, after getting the 300/4, it will be awhile before I recover financially but I still would like this zoom. It looks to be spectacular when you get a good copy. Well, if you know how to bring out it's best, which you seem quite capable of SC:-).
05-25-2008, 08:24 AM   #14
Veteran Member

It may be the new camera but I have a feeling the guy behind it has something to do with such stunning shots.
05-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Beautiful shots Stephen - I want this camera for October (trip to Vegas) but I also have a couple of other trips comming up (Vernon BC Canada, Atlanta , Chigago, San Fran) damn I did not realize I got a lot of trips comming up (couple pleasure rest all 'bidness ) I wanted to wait until the price fell - your pictures are NOT helping at all
Dave,
I have only had the camera two days and have not delved into all the tricks (that will take about two years) but I have to say the detail is outrageous when looking at the original RAW's. Through ISO 400 (as far as I have gone so far) the results are flawless. Buy it, you'll like it

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Nice shots Stephen I like the first and the last.
Gary
Thanks Gary. The last one is my favorite too and was by far the most technically challenging to pull off. Waterfall are tough in bright sunlight.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Wonderful photos Stephen but I don't need the K20...don't need......The third one does it for me. Thanks for posting them,
Okay Heinrich... I'm confused. Does the third image do it for you... or is it the third..."I don't need it" that gets you out to buy one.

QuoteOriginally posted by Fritz Quote
Stunning shots, they all work for me.
Thanks Fritz and much appreciation from this side.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Wow, Stephen. You have been busy and what a set of beautiful images. So peaceful filled with tranquility. No 2 and the last shot are my favorite.
Obviously, you like the camera!
Well James, I make a habit of taking a day off on my birthday to reflect on the past year and the coming year. This place is an hour from my home. I always find the hike through this glen to bring me a sense of peace and tranquility. But it is a birthday tradition I will do as long as I am able.

Stephen