Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
So this is how I spent my christmas eve...
Posted By: ZoeB, 12-25-2014, 06:02 AM

In a tent in -15ºC? Yep.

Who doesn't love sparklers?

Maybe I was lying about not seeing aurora until the new year...

Ghost dog.
Views: 2,442
12-27-2014, 12:41 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Well it has certainly captured a few imaginations around here..
You'd think I'd learn, but noooooo... I feel like this is going to be a thing for a while.

12-27-2014, 05:52 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
You'd think I'd learn, but noooooo... I feel like this is going to be a thing for a while.
You might be right about that 😏

Just think of the epic selfies you could create with a bit of sword and armor hardware and the outdoor settings you have already shown us... 😎😇👍

Jim
12-27-2014, 06:28 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
You might be right about that 😏

Just think of the epic selfies you could create with a bit of sword and armor hardware and the outdoor settings you have already shown us... 😎😇👍

Jim
Ooh, good idea! Does anyone have a suit of armour that I can borrow?
12-27-2014, 06:36 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Ooh, good idea! Does anyone have a suit of armour that I can borrow?
Does Prince Harry ever visit the forum? I think I saw a few just standing around doing nothing at his mom's place.

I'll check my basement, what size should I look for?

12-27-2014, 06:38 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Does Prince Harry ever visit the forum? I think I saw a few just standing around doing nothing at his mom's place.

I'll check my basement, what size should I look for?
I'm 5'10" but pretty skinny, so look for one that appears to have been built for a stick bug.
12-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #21
Pentaxian

hmmmm... most of the one's I've seen are for pretty short stocky people..... we might be looking at a custom made one... anyone know where there's a good armour shop? One of those medieval villages could probably hook you up pretty good. I know you can get a good sword.... a stick bug wielding a sword is probably an interesting thing to see just by itself...
12-27-2014, 06:47 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
hmmmm... most of the one's I've seen are for pretty short stocky people..... we might be looking at a custom made one... anyone know where there's a good armour shop? One of those medieval villages could probably hook you up pretty good.
I guess people would have been shorter in the 15th century but maybe someone can hook me up with a custom 34" inseam suit..

12-27-2014, 07:09 AM   #23
Pentaxian

I guess people would have been shorter in the 15th century but maybe someone can hook me up with a custom 34" inseam suit..
One of my fellow basketball coaches was of the opinion that kids are taller today because of orange juice. He claims the rise in the height of people coincides with the amount per person of orange juice consumed. 34" inseam, that sounds like a lot of orange juice.

Last edited by normhead; 12-28-2014 at 07:51 AM.
12-27-2014, 08:46 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One of my fellow basketball coaches was of the opinion that kids are taller today because of orange juice. I claims the rise in the height of people coincides with the amount per person of orange juice consumed. 34" inseam, that sounds like a lot of orange juice.
Now that you mention it, i have always loved orange juice...
12-27-2014, 11:33 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Well, if you had a budget for such things, there's always places like Vikings only Viking Norse Runic Gifts and More or Viking Products... Probably a bit much for the normal student income, though. Pity, that!

Or there's always DIY armor and regalia, at least one board on Pinterest that has some grand lovely ideas pictured! http://www.pinterest.com/pin/418131146624477681/

Jim

Last edited by RoxnDox; 12-28-2014 at 12:41 AM.
12-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Hmmmm, a camping, tall skinny warrior maiden, in Valkyrie Armour and a big sword, I'm seeing an awesome photoshoot here.... OK, Norm, stop drifting off into dreamlands dude, someone come and slap me upside the head...

Just the thought has me talking to myself, and talking about myself in the third person...

OK I better go watch football or something...
12-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots, looks like you had fun
I remember doing something similar in the boot-camp at 30 some below. We did have a wood burning stove thank goodness.
12-28-2014, 06:34 PM   #28
Pentaxian

A quiz for the curious.... what would be your medieval profession?

What Is Your Medieval Profession?
12-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #29
Pentaxian

A quiz for the curious.... what would be your medieval profession?

What Is Your Medieval Profession?
Court jester here 👍 now what was that about daydreamin'?
12-28-2014, 11:28 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
hmmmm... most of the one's I've seen are for pretty short stocky people..... we might be looking at a custom made one... anyone know where there's a good armour shop? One of those medieval villages could probably hook you up pretty good. I know you can get a good sword.... a stick bug wielding a sword is probably an interesting thing to see just by itself...
I can't help you all with all metal armor but if you want to contact the Society For Creative Anachronism they can help you learn to make some really decent chain mail and use a sword, and a cross bow, and a quarter staff and all kinds of other neat things like that...grin...

Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.

Oh this is too funny. I tried that medieval profession thing? I expected troubadour or maybe mercenary? I got Witch Doctor, which is hilarious because actually I am very much into studying about historical epidemics, old herbal texts, paganism, medieval witchcraft/occult practices, the Inquisition, folk magic, and stuff like that. There's no doubt about it. If I had lived back in those times they'd have burnt my arse at the stake just for being an uppity woman and for reading any of the stuff I do. I'd have definitely been some kind of herbal folk healer/village wise woman/midwife and duly condemned as a witch, for sure...lol...

Last edited by magkelly; 12-28-2014 at 11:38 PM.