Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Mah Bling Things....
Posted By: magkelly, 12-26-2014, 03:55 PM

My infamous little Oly's, grin. This was a heck of lot of work, took HOURS, and a lot of $$$, but so far they're tons of fun. Everywhere I go people just love them. Swarovsky, resin, crystals a few acrylic pieces. The brooch is a vintage one, 60's. Thought you all might like to finally see them. Oh and the straps are the snakeskin ones from Capturing Couture...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 

Views: 1,664
05-30-2015, 03:40 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you tried rim pins, or this?
As for glue, how about E6000? The reviews are not bad, but I've not used it myself, I use jewelry epoxy glue for real gems

Last edited by micromacro; 05-30-2015 at 03:52 AM.
05-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reminds me of the bokehlicious guys at
05-30-2015, 02:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Have you tried rim pins, or this?
As for glue, how about E6000? The reviews are not bad, but I've not used it myself, I use jewelry epoxy glue for real gems
Thanks, but the pins would not work for this project. Too bulky. E6000 is what I used, ordered it off Amazon. I'm thinking it might not have been the real deal though. I'm thinking the glue I got might have been bogus or maybe something just went wrong with a batch. I've used it from Walmart, Micheal's with beads and baubles on plastic jewelry pieces before and I've never had anything like this happen no matter how hot it was. The glue on the skins loosened some too so I don't know quite what to make of it. The new skins came today and I put them on. I'm going to grab some Gem Tack Sunday and see what happens with putting a few crystals on. If they stay on maybe I'll do a bit more but I'm not about to do the whole thing again. That was way too much work and I am having enough problems with migraines this Summer as it is...

---------- Post added 05-30-15 at 05:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Reminds me of the bokehlicious guys at DigitalRev.
Um, not quite. They used junk plastic phone things on theirs. Me, I spent a small fortune getting effin Swarovski, only to end up with a fair bit of it in the grass, sigh. No, I didn't just leave them there. Too expensive to waste, lol. I got most of them back, I think. They are clean again now so I'll probably just use a few as accents on the E-P3's and use the rest of them to bling something else. I was thing about adding a few of the Siam Red ones to the rings and closing clasp of my red leather croc bag actually...

Last edited by magkelly; 05-30-2015 at 02:48 PM.
05-31-2015, 01:31 AM   #19
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

They're nice and discrete for street photography.

I guess everyone will always be smiling in your shots with these.

05-31-2015, 05:23 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Some of the guys over on the M43 board are scratching their heads. I don't think they know quite what to make of them, lol. One of them asked me if I had "vajazzled" my cameras. I had a good long laugh over that one. Most of the women I've shown them to are totally getting it. They love them, but the guys, they're a little pained at the thought of Austrian crystallized cameras. One woman already asked me if I would do hers. I told her how to, and where to get the stuff. No way. That was way too much work and agony, and I do mean that literally. I dearly love mine but the tension migraines I got were definitely not worth doing it again for anyone else, even for pay! I paid for doing these babies, in pain and tears...
what adhesive/glue are you using? I like to make necklace sets etc, but I have never really uhhem.... Bedazzeled...anything except the iron on ones for fabric and jeans.
05-31-2015, 10:12 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I was using the E6000 but that was a disaster all round. Like I said above I'm going to be trying the Gem Tack next...

---------- Post added 05-31-15 at 01:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
They're nice and discrete for street photography.

I guess everyone will always be smiling in your shots with these.
They did when they still looked like that, sigh...
05-31-2015, 10:15 AM   #22
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

They did when they still looked like that, sigh...
Why what's happened to them?
05-31-2015, 02:09 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
There's a very long post above that explains it all. :P

05-31-2015, 03:10 PM   #24
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

There's a very long post above that explains it all.
Ooops how on earth did I miss that.

It's a man thing, no worse than that... it's an old man thing.