Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Cooper
Posted By: Rimfiredude, 12-31-2014, 02:15 PM

Meet Cooper. He is a Merima and lives in Australia with my friend Beate. Cooper was recently bitten by a Tiger Snake. After days of pain he is finally urinating, but his stomach rolled over and had to be operated on. He is a loving gentleman and is doing better now. Sure hope he makes it.

Attached Images

Views: 2,594
01-08-2015, 06:05 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
This morning Cooper Barked early after giving me a very broken sleep. None the less a bark. Tonight he is flat.
I hope tonight is a straight sleep through.

01-08-2015, 03:38 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Goodonya Coop, here is a little scratch behind the ear from me
01-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I had a dog that went through a similar surgery and I would lay on the floor with him while he was still at the vets recuperating just to be close to him and give him comfort. He made a complete recovery and lived a good long life after the surgery. Cooper looks much more content in that last photo than he did a few days ago. Great to see that!
01-10-2015, 06:07 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I created a brain task off leash touching each of the treats without eating them then moving to the next and repeating, doing multiple instructions as he moved. He looked so pleased with himself. He finished with a 30 min wait without touching any of the treats i had just shown him and then I threw them away from where we stood and gave him further instructions before he was allowed to reach his treat. Sit drop, stand all in his own time, a little slowly but he loved it and I know that he prefers to know that I am still in charge but our partnership has returned. Happy dog Happy people. Big Hugs Cooper.

01-12-2015, 05:51 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Cooper is sitting next to back door. Lying on kt's shoes. He is up to two walks per day. Still small ish walks and he is tired afterwards. I hope his health and stamina comes back quickly he wants to do so much more. I think tomorrow,we will go further again. Thanks Julie Cliffordfor the prompt.
01-12-2015, 06:43 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I hope for the best great looking dog.
01-13-2015, 06:43 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Guilty I confess, He is eyeing a piece of chicken from my spicy indian Dahl dinner. yep put your eyes on the prize Coops. Well! a major downside of the operation is losing hair and lots of it. wow snow storms. I wonder if he is going to look like one of those hairless cats. Ugh

01-18-2015, 06:13 AM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The last post for Cooper: I think Cooper is glad to be back home in Melbourne... The family went up to where he was bitten for the weekend and he was very cautious but a lot more curious. I think he was trying to find the snake that bit him... He also had a bad night last night but I do think he is more happy to be home.

Cooper is going to be just fine.
01-18-2015, 04:51 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
The last post for Cooper: I think Cooper is glad to be back home in Melbourne... The family went up to where he was bitten for the weekend and he was very cautious but a lot more curious. I think he was trying to find the snake that bit him... He also had a bad night last night but I do think he is more happy to be home.

Cooper is going to be just fine.
Yeah Cooper!
01-19-2015, 01:25 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cute Bunting!
01-19-2015, 02:58 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
Meet Cooper. He is a Merima and lives in Australia with my friend Beate. Cooper was recently bitten by a Tiger Snake. After days of pain he is finally urinating, but his stomach rolled over and had to be operated on. He is a loving gentleman and is doing better now. Sure hope he makes it.
Good series! My best whishes to Cooper! I'm very happy to see that now he is fine!
I used to have a dog like him, he was my best friend. But you know, unfortunately dogs live too little compared with humans.
01-19-2015, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
Good series! My best whishes to Cooper! I'm very happy to see that now he is fine!
I used to have a dog like him, he was my best friend. But you know, unfortunately dogs live too little compared with humans.
Yes, a dog's life is too short. Peaches is my fourth Labrador. The older I become, the more difficult it is when one is lost. Peaches has been with me for over eight years. Got her when she was two and a dread the time when she goes on.

Cooper is a wonderful dog and is going to be around for several more years.
01-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #28

I'm glad he is recovering! All the best to your friend Beate and Cooper.
01-23-2015, 05:32 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A Tiger Snake is one of the most lethal. Well done pulling through Coop.