Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Trip report: Herping in Romania and Bulgaria
Lens: DFA 100 WR, DA* 300 and HD DA 15 Ltd. Camera: K-5 & K5 II Photo Location: Romania and Bulgaria ISO: 50 
Posted By: Serpiente, 01-03-2015, 08:02 AM

I travel a lot for my hobby. I love to do wildlife photography. I also make trip reports with the photos I make plus the story behind the photos.
I photograph reptiles and amphibians and sometimes when I have the opportunity for a beautiful mammal or bird I will photograph them too.
My last trip was to Romania and Bulgaria in autumn. It was a great trip with many snakes.

You can read the full trip report here:
Autumn trip to Romania and Bulgaria 2014 - RONALD ZIMMERMAN WILDLIFE & NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY - All images 2008-2015 Ronald Zimmerman

Gear

K-5

K-5 II

DA* 300 F4

HD DA 15mm F4 Limited

DFA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR

AF360 Flash

Wescott Micro Apollo (softbox)

Diffuser for my internal flash

Fenix HP15 Headlight

Clik Elite Escape (camera bag)

Here some highlights You can ask me everything about the gear and how I make the photos.

Common Lizard (Zootoca vivipara)

Eastern Tree Frog (Hyla orientalis)

Grass Snake (Natrix natrix)

Nose-horned Viper (Vipera ammodytes)

Eastern Montpellier Snake (Malopolon insignitus)

Feel free to follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ronaldzimmermanphotography
Views: 1,410
01-03-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Wow, what an outstanding trip report--the blog, too, with its " We made short stops and during the stops we ran our of the car to search for reptiles, amphibians or chocolate" is worth the price of admission as well. I'll admit I have a "New World-centric" conception of the natural world--with Europe being defined by its human past and not the "present tense" of a functioning ecosystem--so your photographs are really eye-openers.

Still wish you could have run into an Eurasian brown bear, however--though not, of course, literally!
01-03-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great series and thank you for the wildlife tour. I love snakes and appreciate your taking the time to post these.
01-03-2015, 12:16 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Wow, what an outstanding trip report--the blog, too, with its " We made short stops and during the stops we ran our of the car to search for reptiles, amphibians or chocolate" is worth the price of admission as well. I'll admit I have a "New World-centric" conception of the natural world--with Europe being defined by its human past and not the "present tense" of a functioning ecosystem--so your photographs are really eye-openers.

Still wish you could have run into an Eurasian brown bear, however--though not, of course, literally!
Haha thanks! Yes, last week I read that the European way has been very successful. I think a combination of the American and European way would be even better. I mean big national parks and nature around the people to coexist. Natura 2000 should not disappear because of the financial crisis.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Great series and thank you for the wildlife tour. I love snakes and appreciate your taking the time to post these.
Thank you and you are welcome