Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Strawberry & Cream
Posted By: irish_spring, 05-26-2008, 01:33 PM

Actually it is milk, not cream.
Based on the image from my post yesterday with the strawberry added as suggested by Damn Brit.

Views: 1,768
05-26-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
WOW! Awesome studio work.

There's a little vignetting on the lower part of the image. See if you could clear that out.

The colours and detail are stunning.
05-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

wow that's a neat shot!
at first i thought you created a funny metal device until i noticed it was two forks
very creative ... the tips of the fork look like they're floating
05-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great concept and execution. Like K100D I like how the forks appear to float. The contrasting colours are great.

05-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
WOW! Awesome studio work.

There's a little vignetting on the lower part of the image. See if you could clear that out.

The colours and detail are stunning.
Actually the vignetting in the bottom corners is actually the end of the fork as it starts to come back up out of the milk. I cropped as tight as I could but that part was stubborn and I couldn't get it out without cloning. I might do that later but for now I was trying to avoid Photoshop and to do everything in Lightroom. Once I'm done with studying forks I might go back and fix it.

Thanks for your comments!

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
wow that's a neat shot!
at first i thought you created a funny metal device until i noticed it was two forks
very creative ... the tips of the fork look like they're floating
Thanks. The strawberry was Damn Brit's idea though. His idea with my execution. I think it came together nicely.

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Great concept and execution. Like K100D I like how the forks appear to float. The contrasting colours are great.
Thanks. The milk is great for creating the floating effect. I am thinking about other opaque liquids for future strobe work. I tried food coloring too but it was to transparent. Milk is the best I've come up with so far.
05-26-2008, 06:22 PM   #6

Ahhh...

some eye candy, love it!
05-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #7
Damn Brit

Thanks for the credit. Nice work, must admit when I suggested it that I envisaged the strawberry being vertical so that the green capped it, but this works too.
Maybe an extra pint of milk and a deeper container would help make the lower part of the fork disappear, I'm sure you could find something to anchor the forks in place. No point scrimping when producing art eh?
Gary
PS, I really want a strawberry now. Does that change it from art to advertising or a combination of both?
05-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Thanks for the credit. Nice work, must admit when I suggested it that I envisaged the strawberry being vertical so that the green capped it, but this works too.
Maybe an extra pint of milk and a deeper container would help make the lower part of the fork disappear, I'm sure you could find something to anchor the forks in place. No point scrimping when producing art eh?
Gary
PS, I really want a strawberry now. Does that change it from art to advertising or a combination of both?
I was going to try some different arrangements of the strawberry, but when I got to the fridge they were looking a bit old, with the green on top the worst for wear. So I decided on arranging it so that the green was not prominent in the shot. I would have like to have the green right up front, but that might have to wait for right after a trip to the Farmer's Market

05-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by irish_spring Quote
I was going to try some different arrangements of the strawberry, but when I got to the fridge they were looking a bit old, with the green on top the worst for wear. So I decided on arranging it so that the green was not prominent in the shot. I would have like to have the green right up front, but that might have to wait for right after a trip to the Farmer's Market
But I want a strawberry now.
Gary
05-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Oh wow, nice...it took me a second to figure out what was going on. Very creative!@
05-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #11

Don't mean to poach your thread,

but this was my take on similar idea in 2004 with the S2Pro and Tamron 28~200.
I had posted it under Eye Candy on a Fuji forum, couldn't help but note the similarities in concept

Last edited by Sergei; 06-09-2008 at 04:57 AM.
05-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sergei Quote
but this was my take on similar idea in 2004 with the S2Pro and Tamron 28~200.
I had posted it under Eye Candy on a Fuji forum, couldn't help but note the similarities in concept
No worries. Nice image - I like the black background.
05-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
But I want a strawberry now.
Gary
Funny. If you can't wait until Farmer's market you can catch the rest of the fork set at

Forks - a set on Flickr

Cheers,
Kevin
05-27-2008, 03:41 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Nice shots. I looked at the rest of the set on flickr, and I think strawberry & cream #3 might be what Gary was talking about with the "green" cap. I liked all of them.
05-27-2008, 07:17 AM   #15
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Nice shots. I looked at the rest of the set on flickr, and I think strawberry & cream #3 might be what Gary was talking about with the "green" cap. I liked all of them.
Here is #3 with the green cap. THe leaves had a little mold on them which detracted a little I thought. Next time fresher subjects will be needed I think.