Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Weekend On the Water - Eclectic Series
Posted By: Sailor, 05-26-2008, 04:05 PM

Some random shots taken while sailing Galveston Bay on Saturday and Sunday. Good, breezy sailing! Several are significantly cropped.

I hope they present a picture of "our world".

Jer

3-Amigos:

Daughter Abbie at the helm:

Skipper at the helm (shot with right hand and FE 10-17):

A couple of boats hard on the wind:

Grampa's girl crews the boat:

Views: 2,415
05-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Say hey Jer, thanks for the shots! Soon soon I hope to be there too. Right now I'm shore bound with a twisted knee (Doctor: "Yep that's a twisted knee, stay off it for 3 weeks. That will be $50. Me: Thanks Doc, I knew that already, how about 3 days and a cane?)
Nice appointed cockpit, what is that middle instrument? Depth sounder? BTW tell your grand daughter that she is too cute!

NaCl(sailing soon I hope)H2O
05-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice photos Jer. Excellent photo of your granddaughter and the two yachts. I had a look at the map and it looks like a nice area for yachting. Is it quite sheltered in the bay?
05-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Say hey Jer, thanks for the shots! Soon soon I hope to be there too. Right now I'm shore bound with a twisted knee (Doctor: "Yep that's a twisted knee, stay off it for 3 weeks. That will be $50. Me: Thanks Doc, I knew that already, how about 3 days and a cane?)
Nice appointed cockpit, what is that middle instrument? Depth sounder? BTW tell your grand daughter that she is too cute!

NaCl(sailing soon I hope)H2O
Thanks, old Buddy. You'll be on the water soon - hope to see some pictures! The middle instrument controls the autopilot - a real handy gadget when rolling in the jib - even with my wife as crew.

Jer

05-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mingdie Quote
Nice photos Jer. Excellent photo of your granddaughter and the two yachts. I had a look at the map and it looks like a nice area for yachting. Is it quite sheltered in the bay?
Yeah, Eddie, it's pretty well protected by barrier islands. We rarely see waves any higher than about 3 feet. Galveston Bay is one of the major sailing centers in the US, owing to its proximity to big, economically vibrant Houston, an essentially 12-month sailing season and - in the summer - wonderfully reliable SE winds. Not much scenery, however, unless you like refineries, oil rigs and constant views of freighters and tankers.

Jer
05-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #6
Banned

oh how I miss the Texas coast. :ugh: