Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Snapshots from a "Second" Christmas [10 IMG]
Lens: FA 31 and FA 77 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Our Living Room ISO: 3200 
Posted By: Sailor, 01-05-2015, 08:28 AM

During the holidays, our Connecticut-based daughter, Robin, and her husband, Kurt, spend about a week with Kurt's folks in Buffalo and a week with us here in SE Texas; the week incorporating Christmas Day alternates yearly between NY and Texas. This year (really last year ) they were in Buffalo on the 25th, and after they made their way to Texas, we enjoyed what I now think of as a Second Christmas on Dec. 30 with Robin and Kurt as well as with daughter Abbie, granddaughter Claire and son-in-law Donnie who now live a little over an hour away in the Katy area - a western suburb of Houston. Here are some (mostly) candid pics I grabbed during the festivities.

Jer


Claire, the aspiring vet:





Robin enjoys opening her surprise gift, a hoodie with pictures of neurons and astrocytes, the latter of which she studied in grad school, during her postdoc and now as a professor:





Kurt smiling at some of Claire's antics and proudly displaying his new sweater and Astros cap (a joke gift since the Astros are . . . . . well . . . . a joke):





Somehow, I seem incapable of catching Abbie without some remarkable expression on her face:





Donnie is apparently happy with his gift:



Connie enjoys a moment during the bedlam:



Last edited by Sailor; 01-05-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Views: 1,412
01-05-2015, 09:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Nice set of family shots Jer! I got a few myself this year and it was all in all a great Christmas. Can I assume your aspiring vet, Claire, will be attending Texas A & M? Great school, my youngest son graduated there in '88 and got a Masters there last spring.....now working on his Doctors......first one was engineering technology.....used it for Air Defense Artillery 22 years in the Army. Second is psychology for counseling returning vets in our never ending wars.....

I like you Jer...don't tell me she is going to UT? That just wouldn't be right!

Regards!
01-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,477
Really put a smile on the old face buddy, traveling as we do, we don't get to spend Christmas with family too often so this brought back many memories.
01-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,915
Great Family shots buddy hope you and yours had a Merry Christmas and all the best 2015.

01-05-2015, 03:30 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 37,164
Nice intimate shots showing all had a good time.
01-06-2015, 06:12 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,867
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Nice set of family shots Jer! I got a few myself this year and it was all in all a great Christmas. Can I assume your aspiring vet, Claire, will be attending Texas A & M? Great school, my youngest son graduated there in '88 and got a Masters there last spring.....now working on his Doctors......first one was engineering technology.....used it for Air Defense Artillery 22 years in the Army. Second is psychology for counseling returning vets in our never ending wars.....

I like you Jer...don't tell me she is going to UT? That just wouldn't be right!

Regards!
Thanks, Rupert. I'll be sure to blow in her ear about being an Aggie.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Really put a smile on the old face buddy, traveling as we do, we don't get to spend Christmas with family too often so this brought back many memories.
Thanks much, Bob. It took some getting used to, but now I rather like the idea of "two" Christmas Days - spreads out the fun!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Great Family shots buddy hope you and yours had a Merry Christmas and all the best 2015.
Hey, buddy, thanks! Have a great New Year, my friend. When you next visit you sister in Katy, let me know. My older daughter and her family now live in the Katy area (Cinco Ranch), so it would be easy to get together for a few cold ones.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Nice intimate shots showing all had a good time.
I appreciate the nice words, EM - as always.

Jer
01-06-2015, 06:47 AM   #7
Veteran Member
kyricom's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 569
Nice shots. I really like the "patient" in the second one :-)



.

01-06-2015, 07:38 AM   #8
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,468
Looks like a great Christmas was had by all. Hoping for a wonderful 2015 for you and your family Jer.
01-07-2015, 12:50 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,867
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyricom Quote
Nice shots. I really like the "patient" in the second one :-)



.
Thanks much and happy new year.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Looks like a great Christmas was had by all. Hoping for a wonderful 2015 for you and your family Jer.
We had a great Christmas, Susan. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Jer
01-12-2015, 07:37 PM   #10
Veteran Member
cupic's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia-NSW
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,818
Ah Jer you are a master of candid .Even though your daughter manages to deflect just about when you pounce .
As for the grand daughter she has the look of a Vet of the future
HNY Jer and to your family

cheers
01-13-2015, 06:02 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,867
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Ah Jer you are a master of candid .Even though your daughter manages to deflect just about when you pounce .
As for the grand daughter she has the look of a Vet of the future
HNY Jer and to your family

cheers
Hey, Ivan! Long time, no "see." It's great to hear from you - I hope you and yours have a great new year.

Jer
01-13-2015, 07:00 AM   #12
Senior Member
coa75's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nis
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 265
Nice, Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year (with some delay)
01-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #13
Veteran Member
olegp's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Togliatti, Russia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 920
How my dogs can make an appointment to see the doctor?
01-14-2015, 05:19 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,867
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by coa75 Quote
Nice, Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year (with some delay)
Thanks very much. And a happy new year to you!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by olegp Quote
How my dogs can make an appointment to see the doctor?
Just have 'em pick up the phone - and Claire doesn't charge too much. Thanks for looking.

Jer
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
buffalo, camera, christmas, daughter, gift, joke, photo, robin, texas, week
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Optical differences between Pentax "K", "M", and "A" lenses 6BQ5 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 31 01-10-2014 01:02 PM
Don't say Pentax "Q" in French ... "Q" = "cul" = "A--" Jean Poitiers Pentax Q 52 11-10-2013 06:25 AM
Going from a "film" to a "digital" back to a "film" lens? 6BQ5 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 9 06-18-2013 03:40 PM
A second "Hello!" BPWingN Welcomes and Introductions 7 03-15-2013 01:57 PM
img from DA*16-50/2.8, is it "okay"? Or, return for repair? volosong Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 10 04-24-2008 11:30 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:11 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top