Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A visit to R.W. Norton Art Gallery, Shreveport LA
Posted By: cputeq, 05-26-2008, 07:52 PM

Recently I had the rather absurd idea to take the wife and kids to attempt (key word with a 2 yr old) a local art gallery grounds for some family portraits. Absurd because it was 90F outside with nearly 90% humidity. We didn't stay too long, but it's pretty there.

All shots with the 18-55 AL II kit, photochopped and sometimes Noiseninjaed.
C&C welcome!

Most of the time my Daugher just threw rocks into streams

Other times she climbed stairs

My first ever "from the hip" shot, completely uncropped. I really like it and I think I got very lucky.

My first "succesfull" blurry water, as where I live things like waterfalls just don't exist. This was shot in horrble conditions - sun facing me, bright as hell, and I had no filter to lower EV *or* a tripod. Ended up balancing the camera on a bridge railing at +2.5EV exposure. Thank God for RAW files, as I was able to save most of the blow outs!

Path and stream

Thanks for looking!
Views: 1,261

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
art, camera, gallery, photo, shot