Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Bald Eagle
Lens: 17-50 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Arvada, CO ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/640s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: dwalker19, 01-08-2015, 07:01 PM

Found this eagle just hanging out in a tree about 100 yards from my house! I ran down with my 17-50 and grabbed a few shots... wish I had longer lens, this image has been zoomed/magnified a bunch. There was no time to run home and switch though, some lady decided to walk under his tree and he immediately flew off. I got some in-flight photos, but not worth sharing. I have seen him two more times in our neighborhood and at the lake (really pond, but lake by name) down the street. He has also now helped my justify my 55-300 WR purchase@ (will be here Tuesday) Hope he comes back....

DW

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,193
01-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dwalker19 Quote
Found this eagle just hanging out in a tree about 100 yards from my house! I ran down with my 17-50 and grabbed a few shots... wish I had longer lens, this image has been zoomed/magnified a bunch. There was no time to run home and switch though, some lady decided to walk under his tree and he immediately flew off. I got some in-flight photos, but not worth sharing. I have seen him two more times in our neighborhood and at the lake (really pond, but lake by name) down the street. He has also now helped my justify my 55-300 WR purchase@ (will be here Tuesday) Hope he comes back....

DW
I live in Wheat Ridge and I'm looking for eagles every day! Would you share your location? I promise not to walk under the tree!
01-08-2015, 10:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joip Quote
I live in Wheat Ridge and I'm looking for eagles every day! Would you share your location? I promise not to walk under the tree!
No problem. Im in the lake arbor neighborhood, 80th and Wads generally. We've seen them here every winter, i think they nest around Standley lake and come by here to harrass the geese.
01-08-2015, 10:15 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No problem. Im in the lake arbor neighborhood, 80th and Wads generally. We've seen them here every winter, i think they nest around Standley lake and come by here to harrass the geese.
So those small lakes that are in the center where people can walk on both sides - is that the right area?

01-09-2015, 07:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Good job with that lens. Hope he comes back for you when your new lens arrives.
01-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joip Quote
So those small lakes that are in the center where people can walk on both sides - is that the right area?

That's right. Lake Arbor Park has a path all the way around the lake. There are big trees along the north side of Pomona, north of the lake, where I have seen these guys. Happy shooting, maybe I'll see you out there.

---------- Post added 01-09-15 at 12:31 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Good job with that lens. Hope he comes back for you when your new lens arrives.
thanks Susan, I hope so too..
01-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the info dwalker!
07-24-2018, 11:45 AM   #8
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

DW
nice capture! well done

07-24-2018, 08:11 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
nice capture! well done
thanks Fozz. We had a slow winter/spring this year for Eagles, not much action.