Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
A few 70-300 pics. Silhouettes, books, & leaves!
Posted By: Morbo, 05-27-2008, 08:00 PM

a few randoms from this past weekend








Views: 1,359
05-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
Igilligan
Guest




I really like that 1st one... did you set out to shoot it that way, or did the camera meter it and like magic you had the shot? haha

great brick wall shot too...
05-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 728
I like all of them. #1 and 2 are really nicely composed
05-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
JMR
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,332
Nice work; really like the juxtaposition of the elements in the 4th shot.

JMR

05-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Morbo's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HOUSTON
Posts: 797
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I really like that 1st one... did you set out to shoot it that way, or did the camera meter it and like magic you had the shot? haha
set it up like that I'm a sucker for silhouettes.

QuoteOriginally posted by bigben91682 Quote
I like all of them. #1 and 2 are really nicely composed
thanks!

the criss/cross in the background of the first pic is actually the screen in the window...it detracts from the pic a bit, but, well, i can't exactly get rid of it haha
05-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #6
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 728
I didn't notice it at first, but I actually like the screen in the background, adds a bit of texture to the background. I don't think it detracts from the photo at all. The similarly colored circles show the nice bokeh of this lens and the grid of the screen contracts the round forms of the light sources in the background.

If you feel like it does etract from the picture you could probably clone it out with a little PP work
05-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Morbo's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HOUSTON
Posts: 797
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigben91682 Quote
I didn't notice it at first, but I actually like the screen in the background, adds a bit of texture to the background. I don't think it detracts from the photo at all. The similarly colored circles show the nice bokeh of this lens and the grid of the screen contracts the round forms of the light sources in the background.

If you feel like it does etract from the picture you could probably clone it out with a little PP work
thanks!

Hey where in "upstate" NY are you? I'm originally from Syracuse - just moved to VA last August for a teaching job. And I went to college in Potsdam, and used to spend summers in Alex Bay - so I definitely know the area

05-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #8
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 728
QuoteOriginally posted by Morbo Quote
thanks!

Hey where in "upstate" NY are you? I'm originally from Syracuse - just moved to VA last August for a teaching job. And I went to college in Potsdam, and used to spend summers in Alex Bay - so I definitely know the area
I live in Albany now, but I actually did my undergrad at Clarkson University in Potsdam. Haha, small world. Did you go there as well or were you at SUNY Pdam? Can't say I miss the frozen north all that much, but I like the Albany area.
05-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
Veteran Member
ftpaddict's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Yurp
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,666
Nice and sharp. Good lens!
05-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
Veteran Member
Morbo's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HOUSTON
Posts: 797
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigben91682 Quote
I live in Albany now, but I actually did my undergrad at Clarkson University in Potsdam. Haha, small world. Did you go there as well or were you at SUNY Pdam? Can't say I miss the frozen north all that much, but I like the Albany area.
SUNY
I don't miss the cold winters - but I really loved the small town setting of Potsdam. it was beautiful there in the summer and fall. Stayed there for undergrad and masters - finished up in Dec. of 2004.
Small world indeed.

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Nice and sharp. Good lens!
thanks!
05-31-2008, 05:39 AM   #11
Junior Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: taipei
Posts: 25
Is it a Tamron or Sigma or .... ?
05-31-2008, 08:24 AM   #12
Veteran Member
Morbo's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HOUSTON
Posts: 797
Original Poster
Quantaray, actually.
Yes not the best quality...but it was free with the purchase of the camera at Ritz Camera.
and thus far, for being kind of an off brand (I believe Sigma makes them actually - could be wrong), it takes some great friggin shots. I've been really blown away by how sharp it is.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Lenses, ring light, books & misc gsrokmix Sold Items 16 06-01-2010 03:29 PM
Some macros on insects and pics of leaves again dsport Post Your Photos! 12 12-15-2008 09:06 AM
LBA Tamron 70-300 pics C&C welcome gokenin Post Your Photos! 4 01-25-2008 08:30 AM
Pentax K10D & K100D printed books versus e-books (in Adobe acrobat PDF) ebooks4pentax Pentax DSLR Discussion 32 01-09-2008 06:14 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:17 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top