Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few 70-300 pics. Silhouettes, books, & leaves!
Posted By: Morbo, 05-27-2008, 08:00 PM

a few randoms from this past weekend

Views: 1,452
05-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
Igilligan

I really like that 1st one... did you set out to shoot it that way, or did the camera meter it and like magic you had the shot? haha

great brick wall shot too...
05-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
Inactive Account

I like all of them. #1 and 2 are really nicely composed
05-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
JMR
Veteran Member

Nice work; really like the juxtaposition of the elements in the 4th shot.

JMR

05-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I really like that 1st one... did you set out to shoot it that way, or did the camera meter it and like magic you had the shot? haha
set it up like that I'm a sucker for silhouettes.

QuoteOriginally posted by bigben91682 Quote
I like all of them. #1 and 2 are really nicely composed
thanks!

the criss/cross in the background of the first pic is actually the screen in the window...it detracts from the pic a bit, but, well, i can't exactly get rid of it haha
05-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I didn't notice it at first, but I actually like the screen in the background, adds a bit of texture to the background. I don't think it detracts from the photo at all. The similarly colored circles show the nice bokeh of this lens and the grid of the screen contracts the round forms of the light sources in the background.

If you feel like it does etract from the picture you could probably clone it out with a little PP work
05-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I didn't notice it at first, but I actually like the screen in the background, adds a bit of texture to the background. I don't think it detracts from the photo at all. The similarly colored circles show the nice bokeh of this lens and the grid of the screen contracts the round forms of the light sources in the background.

If you feel like it does etract from the picture you could probably clone it out with a little PP work
thanks!

Hey where in "upstate" NY are you? I'm originally from Syracuse - just moved to VA last August for a teaching job. And I went to college in Potsdam, and used to spend summers in Alex Bay - so I definitely know the area

05-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Morbo Quote
thanks!

Hey where in "upstate" NY are you? I'm originally from Syracuse - just moved to VA last August for a teaching job. And I went to college in Potsdam, and used to spend summers in Alex Bay - so I definitely know the area
I live in Albany now, but I actually did my undergrad at Clarkson University in Potsdam. Haha, small world. Did you go there as well or were you at SUNY Pdam? Can't say I miss the frozen north all that much, but I like the Albany area.
05-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice and sharp. Good lens!
05-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I live in Albany now, but I actually did my undergrad at Clarkson University in Potsdam. Haha, small world. Did you go there as well or were you at SUNY Pdam? Can't say I miss the frozen north all that much, but I like the Albany area.
SUNY
I don't miss the cold winters - but I really loved the small town setting of Potsdam. it was beautiful there in the summer and fall. Stayed there for undergrad and masters - finished up in Dec. of 2004.
Small world indeed.

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Nice and sharp. Good lens!
thanks!
05-31-2008, 05:39 AM   #11

Is it a Tamron or Sigma or .... ?
05-31-2008, 08:24 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Quantaray, actually.
Yes not the best quality...but it was free with the purchase of the camera at Ritz Camera.
and thus far, for being kind of an off brand (I believe Sigma makes them actually - could be wrong), it takes some great friggin shots. I've been really blown away by how sharp it is.