Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
first 1:1 shot
Posted By: axl, 05-28-2008, 12:12 AM

Ok, so we have had Sigma 105 for a while now, but as much as we were trying to get decent macro shot, it was just not happening. Shots were either blury or not really 1:1. So you can imagine my joy, when I came from work the other day, and on the screen of my telly was sitting this tiny spider. He didn't seem to be bothered or scared at all. That was until I tried to move him on white sheet of paper. He started to jump around (I never thought you get jumping spiders in UK) like mad. But after while of persuading he finaly sat still on the card, right in front of my lens. Camera on stand, f16, 2sec delay, shutter release cable plugged in, and shot...
too long exposure, and of course something caught his attention and he moved, second try, same settitng, but f22 and falsh on. Fire...
here is the crop of the result, no extrapolation, just little bit of sharpening, and layers.

I'm really pleased with it, what do you think?
Views: 2,271
05-28-2008, 01:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cute fuzzy spider. It looks a bit under-exposed, but there sure is plenty of detail.

How big was the little critter anyway?

This reminds me I have to attempt doing a 1:1 macro sometime. I need some extension tubes for that.
05-28-2008, 03:21 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cute little guy. And to think I used to try and insult kids wearing glasses by calling them "4 eyes" ! Nice capture, macro's ain't easy, I know.

NaCl(now you have to train him to take a bow)H2O
05-28-2008, 05:41 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww// haha, awesome shot tho mate!!

05-28-2008, 06:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
if you can have the spider looking right thru your lens, that would have been a better one. Nevertheless this is still a great shot. I do see a lot of detail for the whole spider ie sharpness across the body. Usually for 1:1 close focussing, I could have only the front head/eyes in focus and rear body out of focus ie very thin sharpness(DOF). Was this cropped heavily?

marcus