Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
After a long break...
Lens: Samyang 8mm Camera: IR-modified K-7 Photo Location: Southampton ISO: 200 
Posted By: karma mechanic, 01-20-2015, 04:32 AM

Last summer was the last time I actively took any pictures. No real explanation, it was just that nothing felt right, no new places appealed, the old places had been done to death, the weather wasn't right, etc etc.

I did other things. I sold my other IR camera to someone in Norway. I used my phone to take pictures....

However, recently I kicked off that mood, and set off to revisit one of the old places to see if I could make anything new out of it. All 8mm except the second one.

One with the DA15. It feels like a telephoto in comparison...

And finally the angel that I keep coming back to, this time as a hyper-wide shot from three fisheye images:

Views: 545
01-20-2015, 05:03 AM   #2

A graveyard as the place to revive your photography, I already like this ;-)

The second picture is great. The withered leaves with their unnatural glow and the contrast to the long dark shadows they cast is strong. And still, the last picture is even better. It just hit me, it triggered so many thoughts and tales in my head. Did the angel turn away, because he can't bear the sight of the fallen cross, or is he fallen to darkness, in fear of the light, trying to shield himself with his arm? It is one of these visually and emotionally outstanding pictures that I see only rarely. Thanks for sharing it! :-)
01-20-2015, 05:29 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Dieterson. That angel (or one of my images of it at least) does have a story attached: Richard Gadd Photography: Painting With Darkness: Why did I call it Natasha's Angel?
01-22-2015, 12:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
love the angel photo

01-22-2015, 03:18 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by karma mechanic Quote
Thanks Dieterson. That angel (or one of my images of it at least) does have a story attached: Richard Gadd Photography: Painting With Darkness: Why did I call it Natasha's Angel?
Thank you for sharing the story. It made me think.