Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Winter along the Opeongo Road
Lens: DA*60-250, DA 18-135 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada ISO: 200 Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: normhead, 01-21-2015, 05:01 PM

From the last few days.....

Opeongo Rd. and Hwy 60 looking north.

Costello Lake

Frozen over, Costello Creek

The Parking lot where everyone comes to see and photograph the birds....

The birds

Opeongo Rd. and Hwy 60 looking south

The slide show....
Views: 1,307
01-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another great series of winter shots.............well done.
01-21-2015, 07:14 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very nice. Not a fan of squirrels but that squirrel shot is great. Like the bokeh in the bird shots also.
01-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Another great series of winter shots.............well done.
Thanks eaglem. Winter shots is all we get around here these days.

QuoteOriginally posted by joip Quote
Very nice. Not a fan of squirrels but that squirrel shot is great. Like the bokeh in the bird shots also.
I was once told that squirrel shots are way more "liked" on the net than bird shots.... I include them to help with my popularity.

Last edited by normhead; 01-22-2015 at 08:35 AM.
01-21-2015, 07:27 PM   #5
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice series again, Norm.
J
01-22-2015, 07:38 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Nice series again, Norm.
J
Thanks jac... hows the winter up there treating you?
01-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #7
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Steady -32 to -30 with warming trends to -26. Haven't even had the energy to go out and freeze elemental parts of my anatomy for the cause. Skidoo in broken down and I'm waiting for parts. Pretty well necessary for an old guy like me to get out there.

01-23-2015, 05:45 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Cool (no pun intended) series of winter shots, Norm. After moving to Texas almost 20 years ago, I've never missed winter, but I enjoy seeing winter photos from you hardy folk that venture out into the cold.

Jer
01-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Steady -32 to -30 with warming trends to -26. Haven't even had the energy to go out and freeze elemental parts of my anatomy for the cause. Skidoo in broken down and I'm waiting for parts. Pretty well necessary for an old guy like me to get out there.
Our border collies need 3 hours a day outside.... but at -32 it's too cold for their feet. We have had some -32 nights though. And since we heat with wood, it can be real cold when you get up in the morning.

---------- Post added 01-23-15 at 11:13 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Cool (no pun intended) series of winter shots, Norm. After moving to Texas almost 20 years ago, I've never missed winter, but I enjoy seeing winter photos from you hardy folk that venture out into the cold.

Jer
Well you're welcome. Fell free to freeze your extremeties vicariously through us...

At this time of year, I'm so acclimatized tot he cold, I wear my spring jacket out as soon as it hits -5. After -8 I wear photographers gloves on our walks, because I don't need real winter gloves to keep my hands warm. And if I do wear my winter coat, and warm gloves, I just start sweating and have to take them off. The cold is only brutal if it sneaks up on you. As long as you're here for a gradual introduction, it's never really that bad.
01-23-2015, 03:33 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote

At this time of year, I'm so acclimatized tot he cold, I wear my spring jacket out as soon as it hits -5. After -8 I wear photographers gloves on our walks, because I don't need real winter gloves to keep my hands warm. And if I do wear my winter coat, and warm gloves, I just start sweating and have to take them off. The cold is only brutal if it sneaks up on you. As long as you're here for a gradual introduction, it's never really that bad.
I hear you, man. I've become a wuss since moving south; when I was in Michigan all those years ago, I'd take my morning walk in the dark before work if the temperature was +10F (-12 C) or above - it was simply part of life. Now - on days like today - I bellyache when I have to take my walk on a cloudy morning at 43F (6 C). The good news is that we're supposed to hit 70F next week.

Jer