Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Labrador Pictures - Post here!!
Posted By: GLThorne, 02-02-2007, 09:25 AM

Here's a few pic's of one of my girls, Molly. She's a Ducks Unlimited Dog that I'm still waiting on the official number from D/U, not that it matters as we chose not to breed her and kept her as a pet only. If you've got Lab pic's please post here. I'm working on her sister, a yellow mix that's not as "calm" as Molly.

Enjoy

Views: 5,036
02-02-2007, 12:05 PM   #2

Greg,
she is awesome and the shots are very nice. I had a yellow male about 15 years ago and I still miss him. He was the biggest blockhead! I would like to get a small female lab this next time around.

Even with their goofy ways, they are my favorite!

Thanks for sharing - post some of your other one when you can.

Best,

Ed
02-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you sir. I will once I get all of the red clay out of her!! She spent yesterday in the ice and little snow we had in the pond!!! Life of a Lab!!
02-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Lost mine a year ago. Wasn't a full Lab. Up here they are called Maine Black dogs. I'm a traveling salesmen and he would go out on the road with me. He loved staying at Comfort Inns.

Thanks for sharing.

02-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry to hear about your loss. If we were to lose either one, not sure how we'd would make it. They're like children. Molly is 5 and Libby (the yellow one) is 8. I had a Warlock Breed Red Doberman from Germany and somebody shot her on our land. I hurt for months and was consumed with rage in finding the person, but God wouldn't have that and let me find Libby on the side of the road with a broke leg as a puppy. Life's funny that way!

Take care and be safe out there.
02-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I used to have one 10 years ago and he would be the fatest Labrador on earth as it weighed over 90 kg; its abdomen was touching the ground when he walked.

It passed away when I took him for an oversea trip. Inside the animal cage along with airplane. It was a sad moment.

Labrador is so efficient in barking out all the intruders. Mine was so cute!
02-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #7

How about a Lab-ish pup?

I got Tess from a shelter a few months ago so I don't know what she is (I mean besides a dog...) The vet thinks she is some sort of lab and shepard mix with a good chance that there's other breeds mixed in there. Anyway, here she is!

02-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I used to have one 10 years ago and he would be the fatest Labrador on earth as it weighed over 90 kg; its abdomen was touching the ground when he walked.

It passed away when I took him for an oversea trip. Inside the animal cage along with airplane. It was a sad moment.

Labrador is so efficient in barking out all the intruders. Mine was so cute!
holy crap, that must've been awful............
02-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Now I got my cockatiel - Taro

QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
holy crap, that must've been awful............
Not fat but full of attitudes. He think he is the king of the house. Never showing attitudes to cats or intruders of the house though. Only to its Dad!!
02-02-2007, 04:16 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Not fat but full of attitudes. He think he is the king of the house. Never showing attitudes to cats or intruders of the house though. Only to its Dad!!
no, I mean the part where he died on the plane.
02-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Greg, Good post
Well, these aren't mine, they "belong" to my sister's family. Names of Gryffindor and Arwen. You wouldn't be able to tell that these people are into fantasy now would you? Gryff, is in the foreground and is the father of Arwen, but she's got the brains in the family. Really great dogs until you want to take a macro shot and are bent over some unsuspecting insect, and finally have gotten the focus you want, and have one of these guys stick their head in! Just as you are depressing the shutter. I can't tell you how many oof close ups of doggy ears/noses/tongues I've got.
DS kit lens f5.6 at 1/90

NaCl(still I love these guys)H2O
02-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

She's a beauty! Great shot of her.

And per your request to post our labs.....well, Jake is half lab. The other half is Australian Cattle Dog.

Jake is wicked smart and has taste for scotch.

I should also mention that in spite of his partial Australian heritage, he's all snow-dog.
02-02-2007, 11:02 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the pic's. Tess looks like a sweet-heart and Jake looks like he could be trouble!!! .....and those 2 yellows, well what can you say!!!
02-03-2007, 06:14 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Part lab, part Human Society Unknown.

A slightly different perspective.

Tim
02-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Maya

April 11 - Maya in a Cone photo - betsypdx photos at pbase.com

My sweet "black lab mix" last spring when she was stuck in a cone.