Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

2015 Houston Auto Show - Sports Cars
Posted By: Sailor, 01-23-2015, 08:25 AM

Although I bought our new BMW M4 less than two months ago, Connie and I made our annual pilgrimage to the Houston Auto Show on Wednesday. It was, for us, a fun afternoon (although beer was 8 bucks a can ), and while we plan no automotive purchases in the near future, we took a leisurely look at potential replacements for Connie's Nissan Rogue that she might consider a year or two down the road. It also gave me the chance to catalogue (in the back of my mind) some acquisition targets of a more sporting nature that I might consider sometime in the future () - and I've attached some snapshots of three cars at the show that really turn my crank.

Jer

Corvette Z06; with a list price of less than 80 grand (US), this car has got to be the biggest performance bargain in the sports car world today. I could do with fewer boy-racer do dads, but - overall - I think this is a striking and exciting automobile:

Porsche 911 Carrera GTS; the GTS combines a 430 HP version of the 3.8-liter MA1 flat six with Porsche's high-tech chassis options, and I'd sure be happy to have one in my garage (I'm a Porsche guy after all). However, big changes are coming to the engines for the 911/Boxster/Cayman architecture, with normally aspirated mills being replaced by turbocharged flat fours and sixes in the near future:

Jaguar F-Type Coupe and Roadster; these things are so beautiful, I get weak in the knees just looking at them.

Views: 2,496
01-29-2015, 09:58 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I'm looking forward to your pics from the weekend.

Jer
If so, they are here. Mostly older rods...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/878...ml#post3133390

01-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Lots of great photographs; you put in a day's work - that's for sure. I know little of the world of rods and customs, but I can certainly appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into some of them.

Jer