Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2015 Houston Auto Show - People and Cars
Camera: Panasonic LX-5 Photo Location: Houston, TX ISO: 50 
Posted By: Sailor, 01-23-2015, 04:30 PM

Connie and I always attend the Houston Auto Show on its opening day when relatively few people are in attendance, making it easy to see cars and talk to industry representatives. Unfortunately, that means we miss a lot of car folk that are fun to watch, fun to talk with and - occasionally - fun to photograph. Even so, I was able to capture a small sample of the attendees and representatives as they interacted with all the shiny new metal.

Jer

Alfa Romeo's new mid-engined 4C was on display in Houston. As a sports car, reviews of the 4C are mixed, but there is near universal acclaim for the car's style and beauty, which - I have to admit - I simply don't see (clearly a minority view). However, despite my ambivalence . . . . . . . . . for some reason . . . . . . . . I listened to the entire presentation and was a bit sorry to see it end.

Customizing demonstration; this guy was applying hood stripes to this new Mustang. Customization has become - apparently - a big deal in Houston, examples of which I'll show in another thread.

This young lady and budding M fan examines the specs of a new BMW M4; since I traded my 135i for an M4 several weeks ago, all I can say is that she is an astute shopper.

This fellow appears to be having trouble digesting the price of this BMW i8 (photo crossposted in another thread).

Consorting with enemy, Connie takes a look at a beautiful Audi RS-5, Audi's M3/4 offset.

While at the show . . . . . who knows why . . . . . . . I developed an instant interest in Lexus' hot rod RC coupe. After the presentation, Connie reminded me that I'm a Bimmer and Porsche Guy and - more importantly - who's boss!

Views: 1,406
01-23-2015, 04:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Missed this event....looks like I'll have to keep it in mind for next year! I used to go to the Detroit auto show when I was a kid. That thing used to be massive and super awesome!
01-23-2015, 07:07 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
there is near universal acclaim for the car's style and beauty, which - I have to admit - I simply don't see (clearly a minority view). However, despite my ambivalence . . . . . . . . . for some reason . . . . . . . . I listened to the entire presentation and was a bit sorry to see it end.
The car looks like it came out of the animated movie "Cars" (which I have yet to see but sort of want to). I would also like to watch the live presentation.
01-23-2015, 07:27 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Caution!!!!!!! Can cause side effects...........................excessive drooling!

01-23-2015, 08:15 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That Lexus grille just gets bigger every year.
01-23-2015, 09:53 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
So does the potential hole in a wallet.
01-23-2015, 10:53 PM   #7
Pentaxian

For just $10 you can get a little leather mitten for the keys. That's a deal!

They showed a concept Lexus convertible recently where the grille looked huge. It might be because headlights have gotten smaller, maybe too much emphasis on their current design language. With those looks, I wouldn't be walking over to find out how much it costs.
01-23-2015, 11:22 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

great shots as usual buddy, but I found it odd that the models kept getting in the way of your photographic efforts.

01-24-2015, 07:08 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
Missed this event....looks like I'll have to keep it in mind for next year! I used to go to the Detroit auto show when I was a kid. That thing used to be massive and super awesome!
Compared with the Detroit show, Houston's is a very minor affair. I lived in Michigan for many years and attended the Detroit show - you need at least one day to cover the thing!

Still, if you're interested in Cars, the Houston show is fun for an afternoon and - being at NRG - is easily accessible.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
The car looks like it came out of the animated movie "Cars" (which I have yet to see but sort of want to). I would also like to watch the live presentation.
Actually, I'd like to see a re-run of that presentation . . . . . . . . . I think it was about a car?????

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Caution!!!!!!! Can cause side effects...........................excessive drooling!
Believe me, EM - I'll walk with care.

Jer

I'm sure it's a fine car, but the grill along with other styling features just turns me off - so when buying the M4, I didn't consider Lexus. It's also pretty heavy.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
So does the potential hole in a wallet.
It ain't cheap, but - in it's class - it's pretty modestly priced. But . . . . . . . as I said above, the styling is just not for me. In fact, had not the presenter caught my eye (before my wife caught me ), I'd have walked right past the car.

Jer

For just $10 you can get a little leather mitten for the keys. That's a deal!
Dave - take a look at a Porsche option list, which will make Lexus' stuff look like bargains.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
great shots as usual buddy, but I found it odd that the models kept getting in the way of your photographic efforts.
Funny how I can get distracted at my advanced age . In fairness, I should say that the attractive young women - as well as the dashing young men - who represent the cars and products must work hard to prepare for these auto shows. They know their stuff, and present the products intelligently and articulately.

Jer