Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
regional competition images... and a sneak preview of a possible portfolio image!
Posted By: Marc Langille, 05-28-2008, 07:46 PM

Some nice surprises for me! All are printed at 20x30 and dry mounted. They will be traveling around the region for the next year, and be on exhibit/display at several locales.

Just click on the thumbnail to load the larger image.

Mid-America Photography Symposium

Cheers,
Marc
Views: 3,845
05-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So you got two in there? Congratulations! Excellent works, especially love the bird shot. Just great!
05-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Great shots Marc! Was the egret shot with your 300 or with the sigma 500? Very nice shot with lots of detail. Are these from you wildlife competition or something else? Will be looking foward to more of your wildlife posts.
05-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
So you got two in there? Congratulations! Excellent works, especially love the bird shot. Just great!
Thanks Frank! That smaller image doesn't do it much justice though...

Regards,
Marc

05-28-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kent vinyard Quote
Great shots Marc! Was the egret shot with your 300 or with the sigma 500? Very nice shot with lots of detail. Are these from you wildlife competition or something else? Will be looking foward to more of your wildlife posts.
Thanks Kent! The Egret was with the Sigma 500/4.5 - just a slight crop around the outside. It's much better full size! I am keeping possibly the best Egret image (so far) under wraps. I'm very pleased with the results on that image, but it's not being published anywhere. I think that it might be quite a rare shot of the power of this hunter. If I get a better image, then I'll publish that one...

The macro is with my DS and FA* 200/4 waaay back in October of 2006, IIRC... perhaps 3 months after I started shooting with some conviction.

Hopefully talk shop, etc. as previously discussed once I am done my last trip. I'll be back ready to do that a couple of weeks after I return. I'm getting two 640GB drives, since I'm running out of space - one day I went through two 8GB cards between the 40D and the K20D! RAW shooting is space hungry on the cards and drives...

Thanks again for stopping by and looking!

Regards,
Marc
05-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Wow congratulations Marc. You are cookin' now.
I also read your post about having space for an assistant. Oh if I could handle heat and humidity. I don't fare well in heat AND humidity. Besides it'd just be a pipe dream. I am a mom first ya know? But I envy the one who takes you up on your offer!
05-29-2008, 04:51 AM   #7
SouthShoreRob

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
Some nice surprises for me! All are printed at 20x30 and dry mounted. They will be traveling around the region for the next year, and be on exhibit/display at several locales.

Cheers,
Marc
Marc, your fish in mouth capture is world-class. Great shot, one I know (from past experience) is very difficult to nail down given the quick and violent manner in which these birds hunt. Keep doing Pentax proud, brother!

05-29-2008, 04:56 AM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote

Cheers,
Marc
WOW how cool is that Marc. A huge congratulations to you. Just remember us "little guys" when you a re famous. )
05-29-2008, 05:21 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are some shots there I positively dislike but your fish/bird image is first rate all the way. Wow!
05-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #10
Veteran Member

YAY! Congrats Love the bird pic and the POV of the butterfly. Excellent!
05-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Wow congratulations Marc. You are cookin' now.
I also read your post about having space for an assistant. Oh if I could handle heat and humidity. I don't fare well in heat AND humidity. Besides it'd just be a pipe dream. I am a mom first ya know? But I envy the one who takes you up on your offer!
Thanks LaRee for looking and commenting - much appreciated!

I'd not recommend the trip if you're not resistant to that sort of environment. I wear a base layer wicking fabric underneath the mesh camo to ensure I'm not dripping...

Cheers,
Marc
05-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just Confirmed!!!! Display location for June & July

These images will be on display during June/July at the Fayetteville Town Center in Fayetteville, AR...
05-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Congrats Marc . Thanks for sharing .

Tran
05-30-2008, 11:33 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent shots. Nicely done. Thanks for sharing.
05-30-2008, 03:05 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Marc, it couldn't happen to a nicer (or more talented) guy. Yea and hooray for you!

NaCl(it is so great when forum mates make good)H2O