Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Green Shutters
Posted By: Techiechick, 05-29-2008, 04:52 AM

This was taken at Dudley Farm State Park. A real 1830's farm in Gainesville, FL.

Last edited by Techiechick; 02-03-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Views: 2,970
05-29-2008, 05:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great job. I see a little niche area for you. Print and sell these babies!!! Nice job.
05-29-2008, 05:27 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice Dianne. The pp is very impressive.
05-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #4

Very cool PP. The added texture is eye catching.. I'd like to see the shot pre-PP too!

05-29-2008, 07:31 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

interesting shot,.. i like this one... nice composition and the effect you have applyed to the image.. it certainly gives it more depth and feeling. the green paint against the hardwood gives off a pleasing contrast that compliment eachother nicely,
05-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Diane I love your vision on this one. Excellent pp! I'd love to hear more details.
05-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Great job. I see a little niche area for you. Print and sell these babies!!! Nice job.
Thank you very much for your comment. I like the effect this filter applies. It doesn't work for all images, but most. It prints out as well as it displays on the monitor. I am in the process of compiling a collection to display.

QuoteOriginally posted by fula6 Quote
Nice Dianne. The pp is very impressive.
Thank you for looking and your kind comment.

QuoteOriginally posted by Truax_photo Quote
Very cool PP. The added texture is eye catching.. I'd like to see the shot pre-PP too!
Thank you Truax for your kind comment. As you requested, the image below is the original before processing.

QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
interesting shot,.. i like this one... nice composition and the effect you have applyed to the image.. it certainly gives it more depth and feeling. the green paint against the hardwood gives off a pleasing contrast that compliment eachother nicely,
Thank you very much.

QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Diane I love your vision on this one. Excellent pp! I'd love to hear more details.
Thank you LaRee. This is a photoshop plugin from Redfield called Fractalius. You can google it and download a 30 day trial. Make sure you play with the sliders, as the defaults are quite drastic. I like a more subtle look, so I pushed the scale slider down to the left on the ones I work on. It's a fun filter, try it out.

Last edited by Techiechick; 02-03-2009 at 05:20 PM.
05-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Thank you for the info Diane. But I don't use photoshop so I guess I'm out of luck on playing with this one. I sure love the results you've got though.
05-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #9
Damn Brit

Diane, I like this one so much better than the one in your previous post. I can imagine it as an illustration in a novel from that era.
Gary

Last edited by Damn Brit; 05-29-2008 at 10:50 PM.
05-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Well done Diane - I am green with envy
05-30-2008, 01:49 AM   #11
axl
Veteran Member

Really well done with the PPing. I like it...
05-30-2008, 04:02 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Thank you for the info Diane. But I don't use photoshop so I guess I'm out of luck on playing with this one. I sure love the results you've got though.
I'm sorry I was not clear when I replied to your question. This filter will work with many photo editing programs. All you do is copy the file into your plugin folder of the software you are using. Here is a list of some of the other programs it will work with.

Photoshop

Paint Shop Pro

Xtreme

Photo Paint

Fireworks

Photo Impact

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Diane, I like this one so much better than the one in your previous post. I can imagine it as an illustration in a novel from that era.
Gary
Thank you very much Brit...I'm glad you like it. Thank you for your comment and support.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Well done Diane - I am green with envy
Thank you very much Dave. You don't have to be green, you can download it from the net. LOL

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
Really well done with the PPing. I like it...
Thank your for looking and commenting.
05-30-2008, 05:05 AM   #13
Veteran Member

In deed art. Great experimentation
05-30-2008, 06:04 AM   #14
Forum Member

great color combination, i love that sort of look
05-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Diane, this is your best effort yet IMHO. Really nice PP, reminds me of colored pencil artwork. Great composition and framing too. I'll have to look into these add-ons.

NaCl(first came LBA, then GAS, now I've got SAA [software add-on addiction] ! I need help!)H2O