Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Medieval re-creation project
Lens: Pentax 12-24 f/4 Camera: Pentax K5 Photo Location: Portland, OR ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Euan, 01-28-2015, 10:21 PM

This is from a project I've been working on for the last few years about medieval re-creation in a group called the Society for Creative Anachronism. I’m trying to show what it’s like to be in the SCA and specifically what it’s like to do heavy combat (fighting with a sword and shield while wearing armor).

I tried to show not only the tournaments and wars and big ceremonies, but also what goes on behind the scenes to make them happen: making armor and costumes, training at home, and going to fight practice. I hope that I’ve shown the dedication, the pride, and the humor that I’ve seen in the SCA.

It’s not intended to be comprehensive, but I hope I’ve got across some of these feelings.

I shot this project using a K20D and K5, mostly using the 16-50 and a few shots with the 12-24. I also used a LumoPro 160 flash for a few shots. For this one, the camera was at the end of my tripod (several forum members here helped me choose it: a Gitzo GT2531 with a RRS BH-30 head) which was held above my head and I used a couple of PocketWizards to fire the camera (a lot, since I couldn't see what I was shooting ).

If you're interested, the rest of the project is here:

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 970