Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Rolling Thunder XXI
Posted By: MRRiley, 05-29-2008, 11:17 AM

A reflective moment from this year's Rolling Thunder motorcycle rally on the Sunday before Memorial Day in Washington, DC.

on Photo.net

Shot with the K110D and DA 16-45mm...
Views: 2,511
05-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great shot....Always wanted to attend one of those events
05-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

This is an excellent image Mike. Thanks for sharing.
05-31-2008, 06:19 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot. I haven't been able to make it to Rolling Thunder due to work schedules the past few years. Its a good way to remember our Vets on the Memorial Day weekend. I will get in a couple of days at Americade next week.

05-31-2008, 07:12 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Super image Mike. It looks like you did a composite on this, am I correct? I would love to attend one of those rallies.. it looks like a great time.
05-31-2008, 07:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Nice shot Mike - love the reflection did you make him clean hhis glasses first
05-31-2008, 08:54 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Always a fan of your shots Mike. Nice capture. I also like the one of the Marine Staff Sgt. I usually make it down there for this and visit with my Sis. This year gas prices and work intruded. But I always have a good time.

NaCl(thank you for the memories)H2O

06-01-2008, 01:16 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Nice shot. I haven't been able to make it to Rolling Thunder due to work schedules the past few years. Its a good way to remember our Vets on the Memorial Day weekend. I will get in a couple of days at Americade next week.
This would have been my 14th year riding but my bike is a little out of sorts so I had to just watch and take photos (not necessarily a bad thing of course). Have fun at Americade.

QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
Super image Mike. It looks like you did a composite on this, am I correct? I would love to attend one of those rallies.. it looks like a great time.
Thanks Diane. Not a composite though... straight up shot. Just had to manage the DOF and wait for the bikes to get in the right spots. By the way, you should check out Biketoberfest in Daytona this fall...

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice shot Mike - love the reflection did you make him clean hhis glasses first
Thanks Dave. Actually, I forgot to have him wipe his glasses off so I had to clean em up in photoshop. He is my best friend so I did give him a hard time about making me clean em after the fact. LOL

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Always a fan of your shots Mike. Nice capture. I also like the one of the Marine Staff Sgt. I usually make it down there for this and visit with my Sis. This year gas prices and work intruded. But I always have a good time.
Thanks Salty! That Marine stands guard like that every year and it is something he does all on his own. It's not something the USMC sanctions but they do not stop him either. He stands at attention and salutes every rider as they pass by... Some years he is at attention for over 4 hours. Brave and impressive man! Sorry to hear you couldn't make it this year. If you come down next year, let me know and we can hook up.

Last edited by MRRiley; 06-01-2008 at 01:36 PM.
06-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
More photos online at Gallery Folder - photo.net