Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Terrell Owens - Down Under!
ISO: 50 
Posted By: clackers, 02-02-2015, 10:29 PM

The visiting showman took part in a seven-a-side charity match with members of the Melbourne Maidens lingerie football team.

At 41, he still has a great sprint on him, completing two touchdown passes, running a 100 yard interception return, and in the third photo, threw a touchdown pass of his own.

He seemed totally cooperative on the day, which might frustrate his past general managers and team owners!

Shot with a combination of the K-30 in AF-C mode, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 and the wonderful Pentax 1.4 TC.

Views: 824
02-02-2015, 10:55 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Good ones.
02-03-2015, 07:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Awesome!
02-03-2015, 07:19 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great images... I played touch football in the Metro Toronto Touch Football league until I was 48. You can still play at a high level at 40, just you can't get up or move with any comfort the next day. By the end, I didn't really recover until Wednesday from a Saturday game. So I'm sure Terrell looked great.... you wouldn't want to see the look on his face when he woke up the next morning though.

02-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Great images... I played touch football in the Metro Toronto Touch Football league until I was 48. You can still play at a high level at 40, just you can't get up or move with any comfort the next day. By the end, I didn't really recover until Wednesday from a Saturday game. So I'm sure Terrell looked great.... you wouldn't want to see the look on his face when he woke up the next morning though.
Yeah, ibuprofen is often needed by me following a day of cycling or cricket, or I walk around work with a zombie shuffle.

Terrell was getting on famously with his teammates, who included various ex bad boys of Australian football.

He may have woken up next morning with a raging hangover on top of muscle soreness. :-)
02-03-2015, 01:15 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yeah, ibuprofen is often needed by me following a day of cycling or cricket, or I walk around work with a zombie shuffle.

Terrell was getting on famously with his teammates, who included various ex bad boys of Australian football.

He may have woken up next morning with a raging hangover on top of muscle soreness. :-)
Once I was in the over 50 league for baseball, most of our tournaments were sponsored by Advil. Everyone had Ibuprofen in their bat bag. It was funny, someone would say something about something being sore on the bench and six guys would jump up and run for their Ibuprofen bottles. It's not that we cared about each others health so much as it was we needed to have everyone so we had enough guys to finish the game.... my last tournament with those guys, we had 3 games in a day, I went 9 for 10, 3 home runs, 1 triple, 2 doubles and three singles, but pulled a muscle 3 meters from the plate on the last home run. Limped across the plate ahead of the throw, then couldn't come back the next day for the finals... two years later in a small town bush league team, I turned my last double play (playing short stop) before the arthritis got so bad I couldn't throw. Growing up you remember your first of everything, your all star teams, your touchdowns, your impressive home runs, (you can't remember all of them). On the way down you remember your last one of everything.... it sucks.

As you get older and older, the drinking beer after the game becomes more and more important.

I'm old and shrivelled comparatively now, but I can still hit a ball over 200 feet in the air. 10 years ago I could hit it 20 feet over a 6 foot fence 300 feet away. I think from those numbers you can probably project when those numbers will be zeros.

But hey, it ain't over until the fat lady sings....

Last edited by normhead; 02-03-2015 at 06:28 PM.
02-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
"On the way down you remember your last one of everything". LOL.

Yeah, I'm the cricket equivalent of a catcher, so on my knees and lower back understand all you've said, Norm!

The recent teams I've played in could have been sponsored by a pre-paid funerals business - but we enjoy ourselves. :-)