Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
My DA* is back up and running
Posted By: normhead, 02-08-2015, 01:12 PM

I got a new set of contacts for my DA*60-250... which has been non-functional for a while. Then I got busy with some house maintenance. Today I'm back in business, although being -20 outside, I was out a very short while before my face froze. And with little light I was shooting wide open.

Views: 1,742
04-18-2015, 04:52 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots Norm, that 60-250 is one sharp lens. I have one of those on my radar for the future. As those handheld? I think this lens would better suit my needs over a 70-200 2.8. I shoot primarily outside so 2.8 is not that important to me. I wish I had a yard big enough to put some feeders out.

04-18-2015, 07:45 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Norm - I just lost the focus contact on my DA*300 (still works fine with manual focus). I would think that the part number of the 60-250 and the 300 are the same. If you have it, could you post the part number and I will get started on hopefully getting one ordered in.

Jack
I'm looking through the correspondence for Sun Camera, and, I can't find the part number, I think it came on the bill but I don't have that either. Sorry. By the way, the identical part is used on my DA 18-135, so I'm guessing it's pretty common. IN an email he called it a "contact pin assembly."

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Nice ones Norm. I love the chickadee. Such fast little guys.
Fast, but also available and not spooked by your presence. I just lean on a tree near the feeder and they carryon with their business as if i wasn't there. No need for a blind for these guys.

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
Nice shots Norm, that 60-250 is one sharp lens. I have one of those on my radar for the future. As those handheld? I think this lens would better suit my needs over a 70-200 2.8. I shoot primarily outside so 2.8 is not that important to me. I wish I had a yard big enough to put some feeders out.
Most of my Chickadee shots are hand held, because they don't hold still long enough to train a tripod on them. Some very knowledgeable people call the 60-250 a "stack of primes". It's one drawback being it's lack of magnification of nearby subjects because of internal focus. Even though it's 250mm at infinity, for a subject 6 feet away, it's like an extension focusing 135mm lens.
04-18-2015, 10:18 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, Norm.