Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Catching Snowflakes
Lens: SMC Pentax-M 28mm f/2.8 Camera: Pentax K-50 Photo Location: Brooklyn, NY ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: oculus, 02-08-2015, 05:14 PM

Brooklyn, NY. Snowflakes fall on a Saturday morning in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn, which is home to the Brooklyn Brewing Co. as well as a place close by, where you can pay over one hundred dollars for four games of bowling and two pitchers of beer. This guarantees a safe, clean place to take the kids on a Saturday. Here it is the SMC Pentax-M 28mm f/2.8 mounted on Pentax K-50.

Last edited by oculus; 03-25-2015 at 01:06 AM.
Views: 901
02-08-2015, 05:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Just some of the best street-shooting I've seen--human moments you couldn't choreograph better if you were on a movie set. Hopefully these are going into a portfolio of some sort--some Maecenas should hang a Monochrom around your neck and stuff your pockets with Summiluxes.

02-09-2015, 07:36 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Just some of the best street-shooting I've seen--human moments you couldn't choreograph better if you were on a movie set. Hopefully these are going into a portfolio of some sort--some Maecenas should hang a Monochrom around your neck and stuff your pockets with Summiluxes.

Wow, thank you for the positive reinforcement. I think I am just starting to get the hang of things, and I'm having a lot of fun. What I love about street photography is the spontaneity and the challenge of being ready with the right settings when the moment happens. A cool hobby. As for the Monochrom and Summiluxes, I wonder about the possibility of being less likely to venture into the "elements" with thousands as opposed to hundreds hanging around my neck; but I'd probably get over that. Thanks again for looking and for the kind words.
02-09-2015, 08:40 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That first image is a terrific example of 'capturing the moment' as Henri Cartier-Bresson would say. Keep having fun with it.