Exposure Program = Aperture priority
ISO Speed Ratings = 200
Exposure Bias Value = +0.5EV
Metering Mode = Spot
Focal Length = 100mm
Views: 1,748
05-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You mean you don't always have to use Duct tape?!?

Hey Igilligan, do you know where kids get all their energy? They steal it from us. (at least that is how it feels some times). Nice shot, cute kid.
05-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gus, It looks like she's on the outside looking in. Are you sure the she's the one caged? In any event, a great capture (pun intended! )

NaCl(just love her expression)H2O
05-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Somedays you just got to cage them...
Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong with mine, not caging them enough. Nice shot, I like the bw conversion.

05-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Somedays you just got to cage them...
I think they should be caged all the time - well, at least that's how I feel about my kids sometimes.
05-30-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
Igilligan

Thanks everyone...

We joke about duct tape and cages.... but there are some days -- nuff said

I love this one a ton, but she is a handful. But what a spirit...

Thank you all for your kind comments and the tape and cage comments. I see we have all been in the same leaky boat...
05-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #7
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We joke about duct tape and cages.... but there are some days -- nuff said

I love this one a ton, but she is a handful. But what a spirit...

Thank you all for your kind comments and the tape and cage comments. I see we have all been in the same leaky boat...
When my older three were that small people would tell me that if I think they're hard now just wait til they're teenagers. I thought they were crazy because they had NO idea what it was like living with all these boys. Then they became teenagers. Need I say more?

Enjoy her while you can still cage her (just kidding) because next thing you know she'll be running out the door with the car keys. Then the REAL fun begins!

Adorable shot by the way.

05-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #8
Igilligan

MEL... You speak the truth... I have planted rose bushes at each of their bedroom windows and they will not get trimmed back until they are in college. The boys are gonna come thru the front door and they are not sneakin' out their bedroom windows... haha

I am so not ready for two teenage girls...
05-30-2008, 11:27 PM   #9
Damn Brit

Now Gus, I'm looking for tips here, when they are in the cage, do you give them a bowl of water or do you hang one of those rabbit bottles on the side of the cage?
Gary
05-31-2008, 02:04 AM   #10
Veteran Member

This is so sad!! I found the image very compelling!
05-31-2008, 07:35 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Super capture Gus...I love the expression and the B/W works great for this image. You are very good.
05-31-2008, 07:43 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Nice pic Gus - caging them works great - cn only fo that for a little while though
05-31-2008, 01:05 PM   #13
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Now Gus, I'm looking for tips here, when they are in the cage, do you give them a bowl of water or do you hang one of those rabbit bottles on the side of the cage?
Gary
Gary it is a variation on the rabbit bottles... it is called a sippy cup...

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
This is so sad!! I found the image very compelling!
Thanks James... it does look sad. Kind of a pound puppy expression on her face...

QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
Super capture Gus...I love the expression and the B/W works great for this image. You are very good.
You are too kind Diane

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice pic Gus - caging them works great - cn only fo that for a little while though
Hi Dave, I know... and my time is running out! What do I do then. I have planted the window rose bushes... but I am all out of ideas.
06-01-2008, 09:08 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Cute Pic

We joke about duct tape and cages.... but there are some days -- nuff said I love this one a ton, but she is a handful. But what a spirit......
Great pic Gus... I had to laugh about your comment on the duct tape.. I had a student that talked continousely in class and I always teased him about being able to talk through duct tape.. lol.. Yes it was said in fun.. but well.. you know what I mean.. LOL

Being spirited is a good thing... it sounds like you have wonderful girls.....

Thanks for sharin.. Kim
06-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
When my older three were that small people would tell me that if I think they're hard now just wait til they're teenagers. I thought they were crazy because they had NO idea what it was like living with all these boys. Then they became teenagers. Need I say more?

Enjoy her while you can still cage her (just kidding) because next thing you know she'll be running out the door with the car keys. Then the REAL fun begins!

Adorable shot by the way.
My two children are already young adults, but I remember they could be soo difficult at times - when 3-4 and then at their teens -, but now I think that it was absolutely necessary for them NOT to be nice all the time but to rebel and do other things to tease the surroundings. That's because they now have inner integrity and also understanding for other peoples needs, more so - I think - than they would have been if they never had been "difficult" or rebellious...