Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Day Trip to the Country
Lens: Rokinon 16mm f/2 Camera: Pentax K5II Photo Location: Marble Falls, TX, USA ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/80s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: IsaacT, 02-13-2015, 01:04 AM

So the GF is out of town for a work trip and I thought: what better time to take a little photography road trip?

My goal was to get out to a nice field with a single tree and get setup before Golden Hour, but the trouble was finding any suitable spots anywhere. I eventually just drove straight until I found this nice shed with some horses feeding/drinking next to it, right as the Sun was beginning its slow decline. The downside was the fact that the Sun was coming straight at me, but after making the pictures useable(PP done in lightroom, with sig added in PS) I was actually happy with the feel of the photo. Also will post the Windmill that was right beside the color scene, did Windmill in B&W because it felt very Wizard of Oz to me.

A lot of gas, with little to bring home. Yep! It is a good thing my gf didn't come with.

The original of the color image above for reference:

Thanks for looking ya'll!
-Isaac

Last edited by IsaacT; 02-13-2015 at 02:11 AM.
Views: 754
02-15-2015, 05:25 PM   #2

Original Poster
Ordered a 20x30 canvas of the color landscape cuz it just kept growing on me. Will be my first foray into canvases, hopefully it will be worth it.
02-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That first one ! = So nice ....