Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Thessaloniki "Balloon Man"
Lens: Samyang 8mm 3.5 Camera: K10D Photo Location: Greece ISO: 200 
Posted By: hmirchev, 02-14-2015, 02:28 PM

I had a one day trip to Thessaloniki today, and just got done editing my photos. I took this photo with the fish-eye Samyang 8mm lens. It's a hip shot and in PP I've only slightly boosted the contrast. What do you guys think? In my opinion, the tilt of the picture makes it more interesting

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Views: 902
02-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
After looking at it again, I decided to crop it so it looks better.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
02-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I really like it! I think cropping out the guy on the right side of the frame was a good idea, but I think I'd like the crop a bit more if you'd left more stuff to the left.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've been to that particular square, and there was a really good pastry shop nearby-- I hope you stopped there and got something! I ate lunch there almost every day I was in Thessaloniki.
02-14-2015, 05:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Outis Quote
I really like it! I think cropping out the guy on the right side of the frame was a good idea, but I think I'd like the crop a bit more if you'd left more stuff to the left.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've been to that particular square, and there was a really good pastry shop nearby-- I hope you stopped there and got something! I ate lunch there almost every day I was in Thessaloniki.
Our group had lunch at this amazing Greek restaurant, the food was delicious. We didn't stop at any of the pastry shops that were near the square, however we did find another good one a ways away. I really enjoyed my time there...except for the Jamaican guys that try to make you buy bracelets..I ended up pretending like I don't speak English

02-15-2015, 02:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice use of the lens...I was going to suggest the crop and then.bam...there it was!...Nice work...welcome to Greece!
02-15-2015, 08:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
Nice use of the lens...I was going to suggest the crop and then.bam...there it was!...Nice work...welcome to Greece!
Thank you, I love this lens because it is so easy to get everything in focus, and the contrast of the RAW files right out of the camera is really great...it's the only modern lens that I use, all my other pictures are taken with my legacy lenses