Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Greetings from west central PA...
Lens: Pentax 18-55 DAL WR Camera: Pentax K-50 Photo Location: Ebensburg, PA ISO: 50 
Posted By: Auzzie-Phoenix, 02-14-2015, 10:21 PM

Took a few quickie shots outside of work today for all you folks who don't get any snow.

Views: 842
02-14-2015, 10:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Yup... that's how it looks here in Berks County!
02-15-2015, 02:16 AM - 1 Like   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
How do all you folk keep getting these Summer in Scotland shots without actually coming here?
02-15-2015, 06:45 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
There's always snow in Ebensburg! Being from Armstrong County, I drive through your little hamlet from my current home in central PA every time I visit the folks. We haven't been getting snow this year as everyone that way has, and my husband's ready for a trip over there because he loves his snow. I presume the lake's frozen over and the ice fishing cabins are out?

02-15-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've never seen anyone use an ice fishing shanty in this area... i think they're prohibited at glendale lake. not sure about beautiful puddle roweeda or yellowcreek. We ended up getting over 5 inches last night, and most of the night was white-out conditions similar to the photos. Pretty sure that blue knob is probably getting a lot of skiers this year, not so much today with the negative temp's though.
02-15-2015, 04:04 PM   #6
Pentaxian

We do get snow like that in pix. However our snow gets here , usually early November...sometimes late October and does not melt next day...or next week. What we get, for the most part...stays till March, occasionally April. It's also very cold....long (weeks sometimes) periods of -20 to -30 C. They're long, cold, snowy Canadian Prairie winters.
02-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmm... here's an idea... we should just load freight trains full of all of our unwanted snow and ship it to california. By the time it makes it there it'll be water.

02-15-2015, 09:35 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

it's over 40 degrees here at the moment--Celsius, that is...
02-15-2015, 09:39 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ranmar850 Quote
it's over 40 degrees here at the moment--Celsius, that is...
It's going to be close to -40 Celsius here in upstate NY once you factor in the wind.

I lived in Williamsport, PA during the blizzard of '93. Shut down the city for a week. Back in Syracuse it was just another March day...they didn't even close the airport.
02-16-2015, 06:30 AM   #10
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
I've never seen anyone use an ice fishing shanty in this area... i think they're prohibited at glendale lake. not sure about beautiful puddle roweeda or yellowcreek. We ended up getting over 5 inches last night, and most of the night was white-out conditions similar to the photos. Pretty sure that blue knob is probably getting a lot of skiers this year, not so much today with the negative temp's though.
I was thinking on Lake Rowena (which is more pond-size, I agree). I could be "misremembering." Haha. I wandered out once with my nephew to watch them fish, and it was a bit surreal considering it was PA and not Michigan or Minnesota. I may have my own snow pics tomorrow; we may get hit tonight. Crossing my fingers!
02-16-2015, 06:42 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
brutal weather we're having.... your shots capture this sentiment perfectly, dave m