Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sledding Photos with the DA *55
Lens: Pentax DA *55 Camera: Pentax K3 Photo Location: Paoli, Indiana ISO: 100 
Posted By: Rondec, 02-18-2015, 03:55 AM

I'm going to dump a bunch of photos on you all. My kids were sledding on the hill just in front of our home and having a blast yesterday afternoon. Shot a bunch of photos of them. The DA *55 isn't exactly what you would call an action lens, but it is workable. Used AF -C for the most part.

Anyway, I just thought I would up load some of them to share...

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Rondec; 02-18-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Views: 935
02-18-2015, 04:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots! Sure looks like they're having fun.
02-18-2015, 09:22 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Really good pictures of winter sledding. Takes me back to when I was a kid doing the same thing (sledding) or for that matter when our kids were doing the same thing.
02-18-2015, 09:29 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Looks like a blast.... I swear, people who don't play in snow have no idea what they are missing. If you go to a place, where you will die if you're naked, keep your clothes on, it's pretty simple...

Ontario passed a law giving women the right to go topless. None of them do anyway, there's only a few days a year when it's warm enough...and men are pigs

But I digress.

Thanks for sharing.

02-18-2015, 10:24 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyricom Quote
Great shots! Sure looks like they're having fun.
Thank you.

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Really good pictures of winter sledding. Takes me back to when I was a kid doing the same thing (sledding) or for that matter when our kids were doing the same thing.
Thanks. They did have a great time.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Looks like a blast.... I swear, people who don't play in snow have no idea what they are missing. If you go to a place, where you will die if you're naked, keep your clothes on, it's pretty simple...

Ontario passed a law giving women the right to go topless. None of them do anyway, there's only a few days a year when it's warm enough...and men are pigs

But I digress.

Thanks for sharing.
I can't imagine living somewhere where there wasn't real winter. Particularly with kids, having an occasional snow day and doing stuff outside in it is great. I feel sorry for people who have to deal with white sand beaches...
02-18-2015, 05:47 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Thank you.

Thanks. They did have a great time.

I can't imagine living somewhere where there wasn't real winter. Particularly with kids, having an occasional snow day and doing stuff outside in it is great. I feel sorry for people who have to deal with white sand beaches...
It's truly a wonder they don't flock here in the winter time...
02-18-2015, 05:59 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It's truly a wonder they don't flock here in the winter time...
Yes, It's crazy. You'd think northern Ontario would be the heart of it all in winter time.

I noticed that I posted these as abstract photos. Not sure how to change that, but there isn't much abstract about them, I don't think.
02-18-2015, 06:10 PM   #8
Pentaxian

I'm glad you did share these with us. So much fun! Their joy comes right through the screen.

For my part, snow has always been someone else's idea of winter. I have a hard time comprehending anything staying frozen for a few hours outside, let alone months.

02-19-2015, 03:22 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
I'm glad you did share these with us. So much fun! Their joy comes right through the screen.

For my part, snow has always been someone else's idea of winter. I have a hard time comprehending anything staying frozen for a few hours outside, let alone months.
Thank you, they did have a lot of fun. We're lucky here. This is actually our first snow of the season, while places like Boston have gotten killed with the stuff. Bigger thing is the temperatures. High today is supposed to be 2 degrees F.
02-19-2015, 07:17 AM   #10

Rondec...I have quietly admired your shots with the DA* 55 for sometime now. They are always excellent and this set is no different. What you do with the DA*55 has certainly placed it near or at the top of the list of my most wanted lenses. It renders people beautifully. Keep up the good work!
02-19-2015, 12:19 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jwc77 Quote
Rondec...I have quietly admired your shots with the DA* 55 for sometime now. They are always excellent and this set is no different. What you do with the DA*55 has certainly placed it near or at the top of the list of my most wanted lenses. It renders people beautifully. Keep up the good work!
Thank you. I think it and the DA 15 limited are my "desert island" lenses. I really enjoy using it more than about any of my other lenses.
02-19-2015, 01:32 PM - 1 Like   #12
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi, Ron, I changed the abstract to people for you.

I remember snow, I don't live where it snows now, I live where there is sand, and water. But at the time I lived where it snowed (a lot ), I enjoyed playing in it, even though I was over 40 at the time. But I don't miss it.

Love these photos you took of the kids having a great time!
02-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Hi, Ron, I changed the abstract to people for you.

I remember snow, I don't live where it snows now, I live where there is sand, and water. But at the time I lived where it snowed (a lot ), I enjoyed playing in it, even though I was over 40 at the time. But I don't miss it.

Love these photos you took of the kids having a great time!
Thank you. I appreciate it.
02-19-2015, 09:59 PM   #14

Awesome pics

I am just learning photography but let me tell you that those are very good pics.
02-21-2015, 11:40 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arlington3900 Quote
I am just learning photography but let me tell you that those are very good pics.
Thank you. I was just trying to capture a little bit of the fun the kids were having in the snow. Easy for me to forget when I'm shoveling it...