Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Night fog
Posted By: roentarre, 06-01-2008, 04:22 AM

This was the heavy fog immersed in the tungstun light at night.

I found it quite something

Fa 31 ltd take at f2.2

Views: 3,520
06-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I always like fog shots. These are really great. Very different point of view. Thanks for sharing James

06-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Great shots and great processing. I want to now more about what the real look and color was that night?
06-02-2008, 03:13 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Very cool shot James; I like the first one with the branch and the lights.

Thanks for sharing.
Hard metering at night and I adopted manual metering that night

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
James, very interesting shot. Vaguely reminds me of alien spaceships landing!!!
It was definitely appearing like that. A unique night while I was doing take-away of BBQ chicken on the way home...

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Very cool. Is that the actual color? I think I'd be a little freaked if I went outside and everything was bright orange. The first one is my favorite.
This was one of the photos that I did not need to do any tweeking at all. Just as it is taken as jpeg format.

QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
Beautiful. You did an excellent job on exposure.
Thank you. I had been quite lazy lately in photography. Work has taken over my life and my forth coming exam is taking over my life altogether...
06-02-2008, 03:18 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
I like both of them, James! Seems rather rare moment to have such an intense colours surrounding you so totally!
Actually this morning, the fog was quite dense but I did not have a chance to snap a few shots. While I was driving on the freeway, the surrounding hills look like somewhere deep in China highlands...

QuoteOriginally posted by jani Quote
lol orange nights....i wish.
anyway, great shots! i think the light looks magical and definately a new approach to night photos
Maybe my local council is still using outdated bulbs for street lighting ... At least the light is not in green.

Thanks for leaving comments

QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
I like them both too James. They both have qualities that hold my attention and draw me in. That is what it is all about. Well seen and captured I say!
Thank you, LaRee. I am struggling to do any photographs these days. I have to wait til August before I could relax and go about some casual photography.

QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
Those are pretty interesting James...

I like the first one the best.. the coloring definately gives them a different feel. Thanks for sharin..

Kim
Yes, Kim. The second shot is to reveal the setting I guess but first one was what I really wanted

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Lovely/dreamy colours, James. Fantastic.

I've seen the place in your second picture before somewhere... I think it was on one of your blogs or website. You drop by there often?
Dan, thank you for visiting my blogs regularly! I had been neglecting them a bit as you know the pressure is on me to pass the exam. So I am not taking as many photos as you have taken. I had been checking out your blogs intermittently. I will update my blog more regularly in case you go there to see nothing new

06-02-2008, 03:23 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
i really like the effect, although i think the leaves are a better subject than the store. almost a kind of UFO feel. great work on those new Nokton photos as well!

it's great you're using the FA31 for these photos, gives me more inspiration! that lens hasn't really come off my camera since i got it!
Fa 31 ltd is on my camera most of the time but I rarely produced worthwhile photos. However, it is a reliable lens to document my life in general. At least for memorable events that could be enlarged to A3 prints in the future.

QuoteOriginally posted by Fritz Quote
I agree, very nice effect. The combination of the unusual colors fog and lights works well for these shots.
After that long walk from shop to my carpark, the take away chicken tasted even better

QuoteOriginally posted by G M Fude Quote
I like them both but the first is a real winner as it demonstrates your marvellous eye, James.

And we're getting plenty of opportunities to practise fog shots here at the moment. Day after day after day... I should get the Pentax out myself, but cold and damp... yuk. Thanks for posting these, I don't feel so bad about being lazy now! (plus my images would've been nowhere near as good).
This morning, the fog was just so dense that I could recall the movie "fog" by Stephen King. Really spooky but great for photos.

Let's anticipate tomorrow morning
06-02-2008, 03:28 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
I always like fog shots. These are really great. Very different point of view. Thanks for sharing James
Fog usually works wonder to ordinary scenes. I often carried cameras like Jack Simpson - most of the time at work or at home. Handy for magic moments

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Great shots and great processing. I want to now more about what the real look and color was that night?
Hey, Pat. You would be dissapointed. No post processing at all. I have been shooting Jpegs these days and the dense orange hue was the colour that night.

Seriously, it is impossible to create the dense orange colour with that kind of luminence.

I had a similar shot taken at night in a temple. The off white balance sometimes helps to create interesting mood...

06-02-2008, 04:40 AM   #22

Well spotted

the first image is very interesting, very sci fi indeed, Close Encounters!

06-02-2008, 04:47 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Dan, thank you for visiting my blogs regularly! I had been neglecting them a bit as you know the pressure is on me to pass the exam. So I am not taking as many photos as you have taken. I had been checking out your blogs intermittently. I will update my blog more regularly in case you go there to see nothing new
I drop by regularly because I am really fond of your photography. I will continue to do so, if that's ok with you.
06-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ditto what others have said - a very nice pair of photos.

Jer