Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Leesylvania State Park, Virginia
Posted By: mel, 06-01-2008, 07:17 AM

Buying my K10D has been good for me as it's gotten me out of the house and away from my usual, neighborhood with dog, work, soccerfields routine. And since gasoline is outrageously priced I'm forced to stay fairly close to home. I have found that my county (Prince William County Virginia) has a wealth of beautiful state and national parks, historic sites and the like.

I took myself to a state park a couple days ago that borders a wildlife refuge along the Potomac River. I only stayed about 2 hours and explored just a very small portion of what was there. I plan to go back, but I'll bring some snacks the next time. There are more trails and paths I want to see.

Here's a sampling of what I brought home. C&C welcome of course.

Views: 1,790
06-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Super shots Mel. That 3rd one is my favorite. I know what you mean about staying close to home, I am having to do the same thing. It is nice to be able to support our local attractions though. I look forward to seeing more of your park system.

Diane
06-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
Super shots Mel. That 3rd one is my favorite. I know what you mean about staying close to home, I am having to do the same thing. It is nice to be able to support our local attractions though. I look forward to seeing more of your park system.

Diane
Thank you! The net was being used for a demonstration given to the group of children in the one that follows. They left it there and had moved down the beach and on to something else. I ran into them later at a fenced pond and pointed out a big toad to some of them. They were pretty excited about it.

It's amazing what one can find in their own backyard so to speak.
06-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

nice variety of photos ... i like the winding path photo a lot, just wish there were more trees in the photo.
i didn't know they had Canada Geese there this time of the year, i guess they're not exclusive to Canada.

06-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #5
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
nice variety of photos ... i like the winding path photo a lot, just wish there were more trees in the photo.
i didn't know they had Canada Geese there this time of the year, i guess they're not exclusive to Canada.
Thanks. I may have taken one vertically with more trees. I'll go look. I tend to take too many pictures of trees.

We have these geese all over the place. They really like the soccer fields (when not in use of course) and leave their lovely little gifts all over the place for us humans to find on the weekends. It makes the players a bit wary of sliding tackles as one never knows what one is sliding in.