Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Black and white is so much easier!
Lens: SMC Pentax-A 28mm f2.8 Camera: K-50 Photo Location: Campus ISO: 400 
Posted By: Zephos, 02-24-2015, 09:23 AM

In harsh lighting, and especially in this winter that has killed all the color (and not dropped much snow here in the west), black and white photography seems to work much better. With color, everything turns bland, overblown, or just plain ugly. But with a little PP to make it black and white and a bump in the contrast my images turn from "not that great" to "kinda cool I guess." Hey, that's about the best I can hope for right now haha.

Here are yesterday's shots. tell me if you like any of them!

This next one is really abstract and plain but I thought it was interesting. What do you think?

Views: 686
02-24-2015, 02:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cool lines. I agree with your sentiments regarding black and white. Color often just confuses me. I just find black and white images more satisfying to look at for some reason.

Incidentally, I often use a similar set up (K-50 with the M-28 f/2.8). The resulting 42mm on the crop sensor, some say, is actually more "normal" than 50mm.