Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Sky Harbor
Lens: 60-250 with 1.4x TC Camera: K5IIs Photo Location: Phoenix, AZ ISO: 250 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: interested_observer, 02-24-2015, 09:51 PM

On my way home from work, I decided to try to shoot (I guess I need to be some what politically correct here) photograph some planes arriving at Sky Harbor against both the city skyline and sunset. This is a new location for me. I just figured out that this area is open and how to get to it. So, all of this is really a test run to see how everything works out. I was looking for a lot of background compression.

I am using my new K5IIs and the 60-250 with the 1.4xTC. I really did not need the TC, but was loosing the light, so I did not take it off. Also, I was not shooting as tight as I should have, so I left 80% of the frame cropped off. I usually shoot really wide angle landscapes (with stuff that doesn't move), so I am learning here. Loosing the TC and shooting much tighter, and now I know a bit better on just where to line things up at this location, I think I can up the image quality along with the resolution and sharpness, which would result in getting better color graduations.

I was worried about a lot of motion blurring with a relative slow shutter, and kept pushing up the ISO to compensate. So, I burned through 140+ frames, kept ~80 and have about 10 keepers. Here are a few of the best.... Initially I was shooting handheld, but then moved to the tripod.

There is a British Airways 747 Extended Range that flies between Phoenix and London daily, but I missed the sunset window for it, as it is now arriving a bit too early. There is a 777 that I would also like to get.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Views: 849