Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Dovedale in.....
Posted By: dave kitson, 02-03-2007, 05:07 AM

....nice weather (for a change. The K10D has proved to be a regular rain-making machine when I take out out thus far).

dave

Last edited by dave kitson; 02-03-2007 at 06:25 AM.
Views: 1,537
02-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks like a lovely spot for a walk, the road curving around the rock outcrop looks inviting. The hill's rather bare - sheep grazing or is it naturally that way? I was also wondering about the trees where they are against the sky - they seem very blue. Did you tweak the colour or did they come out that way on their own?

Julie
02-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
Looks like a lovely spot for a walk, the road curving around the rock outcrop looks inviting.
The roads that you see only go for a couple of hundred yards round the corner before becoming a rocky path. The walk follows the river Dove for several miles, it is a limestone river of really crystal-clear water, full of very educated brown trout. This is the old stamping ground of Izaak Walton (author of "The Compleat Angler" you need to be a trout angler to understand this).

QuoteQuote:
The hill's rather bare - sheep grazing or is it naturally that way?
The sides of the gorge are limestone covered by less than 1 inch of soil and are grazed by sheep, any vegetation does well to survive there.

QuoteQuote:
I was also wondering about the trees where they are against the sky - they seem very blue. Did you tweak the colour or did they come out that way on their own?

Julie
I am afraid that is CA (purple fringing). The contrast was pretty high in that part of the image and I was rather sloppy with the PP.

dave