Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Crawling around on my belly.
Posted By: Fritz, 06-01-2008, 09:26 PM

I spent some time today crawling around on my belly shooting some flowers and other things. Let me know what you think and what I can do to improve, comments are appreciated.

1. Strawberry.

2. Another strawberry.

3. Baby spiders!

4. Don't know what this is, some flower.

5. Chives

7. Found this along side the road by the beach. I liked the red color.

Thanks!
Views: 3,352
06-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great series. # 6 is my favorite.
06-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

At times like this I'm envious of people like yourself Fred.
Your able to get some beautiful shots by getting close to the ground.
Which I can't physically do, unless I get a 90 degree viewfinder.
06-02-2008, 02:27 AM   #4
Inactive Account

They are just super Fred; nice colour and composition. What camera and lens are you using?

Thanks for sharing.

06-02-2008, 03:20 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots all but number 5 really does it for me - love the vibrance of the colour
06-02-2008, 06:31 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sharp as tacks, great colors and compositions. I like the baby spiders, they're as cute as bugs ears!
06-02-2008, 07:07 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Wow Fred, very nice work on your belly. The first three are my favorites. Lots of things to find while scooting along on your belly isn't there?

06-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
At times like this I'm envious of people like yourself Fred.
Your able to get some beautiful shots by getting close to the ground.
Which I can't physically do, unless I get a 90 degree viewfinder.
Thanks Stu. If it makes you feel better, it's not particularly comfortable laying on rocks.

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
They are just super Fred; nice colour and composition. What camera and lens are you using?

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks J.Scott, I'm using a k100d with a Series 1 Vivitar 105mm f2.5 macro. Except for the last one with the kit lens. The Viv is a fun lens for this type of shooting.

QuoteOriginally posted by fula6 Quote
Nice shots all but number 5 really does it for me - love the vibrance of the colour
Thank you fula6. I do really like the color of the Chives. But I have to be quick to shoot them before my boys discover them and try to eat them. Yes, more then once I have found them munching on a handful of chives!

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
Sharp as tacks, great colors and compositions. I like the baby spiders, they're as cute as bugs ears!
Thanks Eaglerapids. I saw those little guys hatching while I was lining up the strawberry shots. So I had to shoot them as well. In a few months they will be bumbling around with bodies about the size of a small grape. They will not be so cute then! But they are for now.

QuoteOriginally posted by xs400 Quote
Great series. # 6 is my favorite.
Thanks Frank.
06-02-2008, 08:37 AM   #9
Igilligan

Nice work Fritz... sometimes you gotta get down and dirty, and / or scraped up! Love the first strawberry shot, wonderful job on exposure, composition and sharpness... I know you had to get real low to get that angle and it was worth it.

I also really like 5 and 7 for the colors... And you know I love the spider since I am a full on bugger...
Very good all around
06-02-2008, 08:39 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Wow Fred, very nice work on your belly. The first three are my favorites. Lots of things to find while scooting along on your belly isn't there?
Thanks LaRee. Yes, it is fun doing the commando crawl and seeing whats down there.
06-02-2008, 08:45 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Nice work Fritz... sometimes you gotta get down and dirty, and / or scraped up! Love the first strawberry shot, wonderful job on exposure, composition and sharpness... I know you had to get real low to get that angle and it was worth it.

I also really like 5 and 7 for the colors... And you know I love the spider since I am a full on bugger...
Very good all around
Thanks Gus. Yes, we do what we gotta do don't we. The spiders were difficult because the wind was blowing just a little, and the dog was really excited that I was down at her level. It must have been quite a sight.
06-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #12
Igilligan

The Belly Crawl...

Fred, I know what you mean about quite a sight... I was at the civic center pond a couple of weeks ago and two turtles had climbed out and were laying in the sun... It was lunch time and lots of folks were out eating their lunchs or sunning like the turtles.
I am a chunky old guy and here I am laying on my belly, using my elbows to inch a bit forward every time the ducks or geese got the turtles attention away from me...

Ha ha, I would love to have a picture of me taking the picture... I am sure it looked ridiculous, and it would have been better than the turtle shots I took... But you gotta try...

P.S. noon-time sun and turtle shells are not your cameras friend... 8^)
06-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Fred, I know what you mean about quite a sight... I was at the civic center pond a couple of weeks ago and two turtles had climbed out and were laying in the sun... It was lunch time and lots of folks were out eating their lunchs or sunning like the turtles.
I am a chunky old guy and here I am laying on my belly, using my elbows to inch a bit forward every time the ducks or geese got the turtles attention away from me...

Ha ha, I would love to have a picture of me taking the picture... I am sure it looked ridiculous, and it would have been better than the turtle shots I took... But you gotta try...

P.S. noon-time sun and turtle shells are not your cameras friend... 8^)
Hey, you had fun doing it and learned a few things by trying. Nothing wrong with that! I like the last turtle shot, but I think he sees you creeping up on him. Time for that 1200mm lens.
06-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots, Fred. You have really done very well. That Vivitar really is a fun lens isn't it. Have been enjoying the same lens myself.
06-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Super shots every one Fred. I love the one of the baby spiders. Were these hand held?