Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
It hurts my heart and makes me angry
Posted By: Igilligan, 06-01-2008, 10:37 PM

Why folks wont "fix" their cats and dogs when they have no intention of dealing with the consequences... Another litter of cats show up along a fence line, deep in some wild rose bushes and others are left to deal with it... very sad. Many counties will fix them for free, or a nominal donation... I just dont understand it....

Attachment 13262
Views: 1,869
06-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is really too bad Gus, I think that it's the same all over.
There was a cat in heat here earlier today, so I imagine that there'll be some unwanted kittens here soon enough.

The one good thing is that's certainly a cute image you got there.
06-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
Igilligan

Thanks Stu... After a week they are coming out of the rosebushes far enough to where I can take a shot... This one is the bravest. After mom saw this one come within 10 feet of me, she moved them farther back into the thicket...
06-02-2008, 03:53 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Hi Gus. I feel the same as you I have three cats (but they are very much wanted and fixed.) We had gotten two from the animal shelter and the third I found between the tandems of my trailer one morning. I despise people who take on the responsibility of caring for an animal and just leave it roam. Our cats since we had them are never out side. in fact they won't go near the door.
The other day my Mother in law called and ask If I could come over and get the neighbors kitten they left when they moved. The poor thing had been so mistreated while they had it. I don't ever think it will trust another person again. I did get hold of it and we took it to the shelter. I really don't think it will make it because of the trauma it has gone through. anyone who adopts it will need to give it a very long time to come around and a lot of love.

The shot you have of this one is very cute. I wish you the very best of luck with them.

06-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Cute shot Gus...I know what you mean about the ferrel cats. We had one here that we had to trap and take to the shelter.
06-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Gus,
Your a good man to care...
Charlie
06-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
Veteran Member

awwwww

aww the little guy is sooo cute... I agree it is very sad that it was just left to fend for itself...

Kim

06-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a real dilemma, made much harder to take because this little kitty has such a desireable appearance.

While I understand and share your concern, and do not believe people should let cats especially those not fixed out to roam, they are wild animals we like to think of from time to time as domestic. Given another 2-3 months, I would rather face the thicket of wild roses, than this cat's claws.
06-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #9
Damn Brit

Hi Gus, there are a few Feral Cat charities in the area. They might be able to trap them and if, the kittens are young enough, they can be found homes as normal pets quite easily. They can also fix the mother at the same time.
It's actually quite good to have feral cats around, as long as they are 'fixed' to control the population because they keep the rodent numbers down.
Gary
06-03-2008, 01:24 AM   #10
Veteran Member

That's such a darling little kitten. It saddens me to know it has no owner. I'd adopt it if I could...
06-03-2008, 03:44 AM   #11
Veteran Member

That cat is soooo cute. I guess that tells a lot about what people can be like. It is all in humanity.