Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Deseption at Deseption Pass Bridge
Posted By: CagomoC, 06-02-2008, 01:04 AM

300mm|1/200sec|F4.5|HDR PSPX2
At the top right hand corner you can see movement of people and a few more to the left.

Attached Images

Views: 1,618
06-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Now that is funny, I am going camping with my family and about 5 other families this coming weekend. We generally stay at the Deception State Park and always walk along the beach (bottom left, South side, of your photos) to the underside of the bridge. We have even hiked up and over and continued down that side to view the little harbor farther East. I have never actually walked across the bridge to see the view that you captured as the traffic seemed too busy (both foot and vehicle). Your photos prove that the trek across the bridge is worthwhile. I like the post editing you did. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and provide me an opportunity to take a few picture when I am there.
Nice work!
06-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
That last one is really well done.

HDR was perfect for these shots.

D.
06-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member

very artistic use of HDR. i'm usually against HDR that isn't realistic, but you've done a great job here emphasizing a certain type of atmosphere.

06-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice pics. I was stationed at NAS Whidbey Island for 18 months in 1965-1966, and I loved that area. My son lives in Olympia (actually Tumwater), and I had a chance last year to take my wife up to Oak Harbor and the surrounding area and show her where I used to hang out -- when I was young & single.
06-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by spyglass Quote
Now that is funny, I am going camping with my family and about 5 other families this coming weekend. We generally stay at the Deception State Park and always walk along the beach (bottom left, South side, of your photos) to the underside of the bridge. We have even hiked up and over and continued down that side to view the little harbor farther East. I have never actually walked across the bridge to see the view that you captured as the traffic seemed too busy (both foot and vehicle). Your photos prove that the trek across the bridge is worthwhile. I like the post editing you did. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and provide me an opportunity to take a few picture when I am there.
Nice work!
Thank you..

Last edited by CagomoC; 06-04-2008 at 01:06 AM.
06-04-2008, 12:28 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you

Thank you.. so much for your feed back, if you haven't been there in a while things have been added to the bridge, there is now a viewing area and steps that lead to hike down to the edge located at the center of the bridge and awsome area's to take pictures.. and yes parking is still and issue depending on the what day...