Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Mill Creek Falls
Lens: DA 18-135 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Northern California ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/6s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: scotty707, 03-04-2015, 09:09 PM

I just learned about the multi-exposure setting on the K-3 and decided to try it out. This was made with 18 shots at 1/6 second each on the "Average" setting.
Views: 1,076
03-05-2015, 06:15 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's a well-executed shot. I wonder if there was a more dramatic point of view somewhere in the area?
03-05-2015, 06:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Looks really good to me!
Nice shot(s)!
03-05-2015, 06:48 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
It's a well-executed shot. I wonder if there was a more dramatic point of view somewhere in the area?
It's usually in a 6 foot deep trout hole right in front of the waterfall where you'd have to tread water to take the picture. Last time I went looking for "the perfect spot" for a water fall picture I disturbed a wasps nest and was stung a few times. My favourite waterfall to photograph has a huge boulder 6 feet high just off the left shore that give you a beautiful platform to shoot from. Nature usually isn't so accommodating. The perfect spot is usually 15 feet up a 30 foot cliff with no hand holds.

03-05-2015, 10:26 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It's usually in a 6 foot deep trout hole right in front of the waterfall where you'd have to tread water to take the picture. Last time I went looking for "the perfect spot" for a water fall picture I disturbed a wasps nest and was stung a few times. My favourite waterfall to photograph has a huge boulder 6 feet high just off the left shore that give you a beautiful platform to shoot from. Nature usually isn't so accommodating. The perfect spot is usually 15 feet up a 30 foot cliff with no hand holds.
I like that response. I may go back to see if there's another vantage point. In this case, there really is a good drop off on both sides, along with the slippery rocks.
03-05-2015, 11:00 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by scotty707 Quote
I like that response. I may go back to see if there's another vantage point. In this case, there really is a good drop off on both sides, along with the slippery rocks.
Just to be clear, I did not intend to criticize your shot, which I like well enough. I was simply being curious
03-05-2015, 03:01 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Just to be clear, I did not intend to criticize your shot, which I like well enough. I was simply being curious
Criticism isn't necessarily bad. I like getting input about my shots. That's how you learn for next time. But you do now have me wondering if there is a more dramatic angle that I'd be able to get to.

03-06-2015, 05:45 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by scotty707 Quote
But you do now have me wondering if there is a more dramatic angle that I'd be able to get to.
It seems there is a flat rock right in the middle of the river, below the waterfall. With a wide lens, that would be the holy grail of dramatic POVs Now, to get there you might need climbing gear, but still...